C100 failed to record incident

2024-07-25 21:28:51

Hi.

Has anyone ever come across issues with cameras failing to record incidents? the incident involves a house with 2 tapo C100 cameras, facing out of windows and used as security cameras. they have always picked up the slightest movement, and one is set to record to the cloud as it constantly says SD cards are corrupt after about 3 weeks of useage (correct class 10 Sandisk ones not no name cheapo ones)

so last night, my friend who has these cameras (but doesnt really use internet, they have it for the cameras and their kids) had paint stripper thrown all over their car, which is in direct view of the camera BUT the camera did NOT pick it up. it picked up NOTHING for over 6 hours. there were no power cuts, and no known internet interruptions, as the other camera (on the other side of the house) behaved pretty much as normal, with only a space without picking up anything for around 3-4 hours in the early hours of the morning.

for reference, neither camera is set to record full time as they both record to the cloud, if memory serves me.

Has anyone ever come across this before? if so what was the issue?

and if it makes a difference (i doubt it) i have no clue what software/firmware version they are on, but there has never been an issue with them before.

any help would be much appreciated, if only to prevent a re-occurrence of this particular issue.

Thanks.

Options
6 Reply
Re:C100 failed to record incident
2024-07-26 08:38:53

@pel881887 

Hi,
Generally, we don't recommend placing the camera facing out of the window, since infrared lights may cause reflection when the camera works in the Night mode, resulting in blurry and unclear images, thereby hindering timely detection of moving objects.

In this case, you can check whether the camera's Live View page displays clear images when the camera switches to night mode in the evening.

Best Regards

Options
2024-07-26 12:07:16

@Solla-topee sorry I should have added the infrastructure redundant for the night vision is shut off as it's a well lit area.

Options
2024-07-27 10:54:48

@Solla-topee also the images are pretty much as clear at night as during the day

Options
2024-07-29 08:03:42

@pel881887 

Hi,
Please confirm the following information for further analysis.
1. The MAC address of the camera. You can send me(@Solla-topee) the MAC address via a private message.

2. Send me the time, date, and time zone when the issue happens.

Best Regards

Options
2024-07-30 18:11:00

@Solla-topee 

Hi. how would i find the mac address? camera belongs to a friend who doesnt really use the internet much. as for the rest (i thought i had replied to this previously but it doesnt show so i guess i hadnt) it happened between 10:30pm and 6:30am approx (UK time) on the night of wednesday 24th/thursday 25th july.

Options
2024-07-31 07:07:25

@pel881887 

Hi, 
On the Tapo app>Camera's Device Settings>Device Info page, you can find the MAC address of the camera.
Best Regards

Options