DHCP bug on tapo C320ws h

2024-07-28 08:33:05
Tags: #Device Connectivity #DHCP bug
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.15 build 240605 rel 49436n

when I choose advanced settings >> network settings and deactivate the static IP choice there and click save, the camera after reboot stays always with static IP enable if I have choose in my rooter static IP lease. The problem is that it assigns static IP on the camera level and not on router level so in case of IP conflict the camera is not accessible. The correct behaviour would be to remember and respect the user choice of no static IP at the camera level. The camera should then request an IP from the DHCP server of the local network and if the user wants a static lease at the router level so it be.

This persistence with static IP on the camera level sometimes but not always remain or changed erattically even without reboot. So I chose NOT static IP on advanced settings >> network settings and after a while (from minutes to hours) I found again the toggle button enabled for static IP.

Someone has to seriously review the code there guys 😕

Options
7 Reply
Re:DHCP bug on tapo C320ws h
2024-07-29 11:13:13

@mr_robot_dev 

Hi,
Do you mean the operation to disable the Static IP feature does not work properly on the Tapo C320WS? If so, please confirm:
1. The model number of your router. Have you enabled the feature such as address reservation on the router?
2. Is the camera connected to a NVR/PC/NAS via RTSP/ONVIF?
3. Ensure the Tapo app is up to date.
Best Regards

Options
2024-07-29 15:40:12
Yes this is what i am saying, the disabling feature in static IP in c320ws is not working as it should. Router Mikrotik RB 5009, yes i have enable the address reservation in my router and when i disable the static IP in my cameras it is working well but after a while the camera static IP enables again. Yes it is connected to a NVR via ONVIF It is uptodate.
Options
2024-07-30 08:58:02

@mr_robot_dev 

Hi,
Is the static IP address feature enabled automatically on the Tapo app after something happens? For example, reboot the camera, reboot the router, etc.

Or the static IP address feature will be enabled randomly after disabling it.
Best Regards

Options
2024-07-30 20:07:23
Both, after reboot of the camera and randomly even you will not reboot the camera - after some minutes to hours it is happening by itself. After 1-2 days its almost sure it is enabled again (static ip in the camera level).
Options
2024-08-01 09:41:30

@mr_robot_dev 

Hi,

I have reported the issue to the tech team, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

Best Regards

Options
2024-08-05 08:02:47
They have reached out to me. 1. They requested to describe the problem from the beginning. I am wondering if you have sent them the description. 2. They have requested a video of the problem and a log file from the SD card of my cameras - really? Guys, you have to understand that we are not being paid for finding and solving YOUR ERRORS. It is your job to try to replicate the problem and IF YOU CANT then you can ask the client to spent time and effort to help with this bug. For this bug, just follow my instructions and it is 100% reproducible. Just do your job and REVIEW the CODE. It is a bug in the CODE.
Options
2024-08-05 08:27:40

@mr_robot_dev 

Hi,
1. Yes, I have sent them the link to this thread for reference, they may want to learn more about the usage scenario and network environment when the problem occurs.

2. Generally, we will try to reproduce the problem, but due to the various of customer usage scenarios and network environments, we may not be able to reproduce the problem successfully. Therefore, your cooperation is appreciated in providing the log when the problem occurs in a specific scenario for further analysis. You can inform the tech team of your situation by email, and they will continue to help you handle the case.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 210

Replies: 7

Related Articles