Dimmer Controlling Ceiling Fan

2024-07-31 16:12:40
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I successfully replaced my old ceiling fan switch, which was rated for 120V and 3 amps of current, with a Kasa HS220 Smart Wi-Fi Dimmer Switch.

It's been installed for 4-5 days now, and no issues whatsoever. The dimmer switch is rated for up to 15 amps of current, so my particular ceiling fan's maximum power draw is under the switche's maximum power draw, and there are no issues with the fan's speed. I can power it at a slow crawl, or at the maximum, which is no different from the old switch's maximum speed. They really should consider branding a smart ceiling fan switch.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Dimmer Controlling Ceiling Fan
2024-08-01 06:42:26

@Jay_Tee 

Thank you for your sharing. However, I still need to emphasize that the HS220 is only suitable for connecting to lighting fixtures, and it is also designed specifically for lighting devices. For safety considerations, it is not recommended to connect any other types of devices to it.

The new product KS240, a ceiling fan control and dimmer switch is available in the US. Check out this model if you want to find a smart switch for ceiling fan!

Specifications - HS220

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 141

Replies: 1

Related Articles