Tapo Camera will not connect to WiFi

2024-08-11 10:40:21 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Tapo TC72  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.14 Build 240513

I've been using this camera now for more than one year and it has suddenly stopped connecting to WiFi. I have tried all the fault finding tips several times unsuccessfully. I also tried installing it on another phone and connecting it to another WiFi signal. Neither of these has worked. My system has a Virgin router and and the other one is BT.

It was working fine for more than a year. I don't understand why it would suddenly stopped working when no apparent change has occurred to the system? Any ideas?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo Camera will not connect to WiFi-Solution
2024-08-12 11:07:46 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@AnnieGW 

Hi,
You can refer to the instructions below to troubleshoot if you fail to connect to the router's Wi-Fi.
What should I do if I fail to configure Tapo Camera?

If the problem remains, please confirm:
1. The troubleshooting you have tried and the results.
2. The LED status on the camera.
3. Have you enabled the settings, such as MAC Filter, firewall rules, etc., on your router? If so, disable them for a try.
4. Ensure the Tapo app is the latest one, and change the wireless password for a try if it includes special characters.
5. Enable a hotspot Wi-Fi on a phone, factory reset the camera, reconfigure it with another phone to connect it to the hotspot Wi-Fi, and check if it works.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo Camera will not connect to WiFi-Solution
2024-08-12 11:07:46 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@AnnieGW 

Hi,
You can refer to the instructions below to troubleshoot if you fail to connect to the router's Wi-Fi.
What should I do if I fail to configure Tapo Camera?

If the problem remains, please confirm:
1. The troubleshooting you have tried and the results.
2. The LED status on the camera.
3. Have you enabled the settings, such as MAC Filter, firewall rules, etc., on your router? If so, disable them for a try.
4. Ensure the Tapo app is the latest one, and change the wireless password for a try if it includes special characters.
5. Enable a hotspot Wi-Fi on a phone, factory reset the camera, reconfigure it with another phone to connect it to the hotspot Wi-Fi, and check if it works.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options