Tapo C220 Auto Tracking often didn't return to default position after 30 sec.

3 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Tags: #Auto Tracking
Model: Tapo C220  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.14

Tapo C220 Auto Tracking often didn't return to default position after 30 sec. of no movement.
By the way, I did't see where to set the default position.

We can assume that the position before the movement was automatic set as the default position.

New customers should beware these bug!
This bug will alter your security!

Options
18 Reply
Re:Tapo C220 Auto Tracking often didn't return to default position after 30 sec.
3 weeks ago

@Somchai 

Hi,
The default position of the Auto Tracking feature is the position of the camera when you enable the Auto Tracking feature. Usually, the camera will return to the default position after 30 seconds if no new event is detected. If a new event is detected, the camera will track the new event.
Best Regards

Options
Re:Tapo C220 Auto Tracking often didn't return to default position after 30 sec.
a week ago

@Somchai 

Hi there,  I've got the same issues as you.  C220 all on latest updates and app.

Set the 'home' position using pan and tilt, then turn on auto tracking. It tends to work as set for about a day then the camera returns to the, what I would call, the half way position of the 360° rotation (probably the official default).

It now looks in the wrong direction. I can not alter the mount position of the camera due to the limitations of the screw holes for the mounting plate.

Tried power off and then inputting everything again but no different.

Now tried a full reset. If this doesn't work, I've no idea what to do. It doesn't even look like a nice ornament. 

Options
a week ago

@hatterinexile 

Hi, 
If the problem remains after you factory reset the camera and reconfigure it, please send me a picture of the Auto Tracking page or let me know your Auto Tracking settings.
Best Regards

Options
a week ago

@Solla-topee 

Hi there. Thank you for the prompt reply. 

So far after the reset, it is working as expected. 

Fingers crossed. 

Options
a week ago

@hatterinexile 

Hi there

Sorry to say that the camera position changed at 19:30 to looking in the wrong direction. Lasted from 09:00. I have attached the auto tracking setting as requested. 

Track Specific Activity   ✔️

Specific Activity

Person tracking      ✔️

Vehicle tracking.     ✔️

On the detection page

Person, vehicle, motion tracking all on

Camera tampering is on

All others are off. 

No specific detection zones set. 

Hope this helps. 

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

It looks like the problem occuring when the movement continunous more than 3:00 min + 1.40 min. (4:40 mins)

Options
a week ago
I have the exact same model camera and build. Also it looks my settings are very same with yours. I am also facing this issue after the recent successful firmware update a few days back.
Options
a week ago

@Somchai 

You seems right, on normal quick test, it works amd returns to default, but if the motion happens for a long time in an area, the issue pops in and the camera forgets the default. 

Options
a week ago - last edited 13 hours ago

@MatsNits    @Somchai   @hatterinexile 

Hi,
In this case, please send me(@Solla-topee) the "Forum ID 695254+camera's MAC address" via a private message, and we can push new firmware to the camera for a try.

Before the Upgrade:
(1) Please be sure you have read the
Beta Test Agreement before upgrading the Pre-release firmware!
(2)
How to update the firmware of the Tapo devices on the Tapo App

Best Regards

Options
a week ago

@Solla-topee info sent as requested. Thanks for your help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 484

Replies: 18

Tags

Auto Tracking
Related Articles