Custom Detection modes and scheduling

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Tapo C225  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.7

Hi everyone.

I've seen in the "Cameras" view of the app that you can set Away mode or Home mode.

It would be awesome to let the user create their own modes and also why not automatic an automatic schedule to activate them.

For example, I've set my C225, in Home mode, to detect only tampering, and the alarm to sound if movement or tampering are detected with a schedule from 11PM to 5AM.

What is happening is that the alarm will only sound for tampering because in Home mode I don't need the motion detection, and just found out that I have to manually set to detect movement, which overwrites the Home mode, and it's kind of confusing and also means I should always manually change to Away mode at night, which is kind of annoying.

So, I'd like a feature to create your custom modes and that those modes are set automatically to a desired time of the day, and obviously the Away mode works good because you manually set it when you leave, that's not a problem in my case.

What do you think? Could this be a useful feature?

Thank you.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Custom Detection modes and scheduling
a week ago

@ealwolf 

Hi, 
Do you want to have a custom mode and be able to create a schedule to activate the Home mode and Away mode automatically in the custom mode?
Best Regards

Options
a week ago

@Solla-topee 

Hi, thank you for the reply.

Actually, I believe the Custom mode can be like the Home mode or Away mode, and have the option to add all the modes I want, and the scheduling should be able to switch between those modes.

For example, during the day, Home mode is active, and during the night, a custom mode called "Night mode" for example, should be activated.

This is because I find that each mode has its detection types, and no matter if you set an alarm for other event triggers, only what it's inside the Detection type of that mode is going to trigger the alarm.

I still activate Away mode manually, and it works great. Just having only two modes feel kind of limiting, and maybe Away mode doesn't fit during the nights.

So, scheduling to switch between modes could be useful.

Thank you.

Options
a week ago

@ealwolf 

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback, I'll log it and forward it to the relevant team for evaluation.
Best Regards

Options
a week ago

@Solla-topee thank you ✌

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 119

Replies: 4

Voters 1

Tags