Home- away mode using Geofence.

Sunday - last edited Yesterday
Model: Tapo C425  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.21

Hello everyone!

New to this forum so I say hello to u all!

Just bought 4 c425 cameras which are all up and running....but....

With many of my "smart" stuff at home I m using Geofence.

I'd like my cameras to go into "Away mode" when leaving and vice versa into "Home mode" when arriving.

The only automation I can find is turning "privacy mode" on and of....

" I'm not using privacy mode, the cameras are "on" all the time but when Away mode is activated the detection, alarm, notifications turns on"

Is this correct?

And a quick question 2:

Isnt it possible to see which state the cameras are put in "Away" or "Home" ?

Best regards!!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Home- away mode using Geofence.-Solution
Tuesday - last edited Yesterday

@Clownen72 

Tapo camera Home/Away mode feature is not available in the Smart Action. The feature settings are saved locally to the phone instead of the cloud, so it cannot be controlled in the automation.

This feature is essentially a shortcut/theme that allows one-click control of multiple functions across several devices, that's why It does not have a specific state. User is able to control and modify settings separately for a single device without affecting the home/away mode settings. And when run the home/away mode again, it will override the settings that just made on a single camera.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Home- away mode using Geofence.-Solution
Tuesday - last edited Yesterday

@Clownen72 

Tapo camera Home/Away mode feature is not available in the Smart Action. The feature settings are saved locally to the phone instead of the cloud, so it cannot be controlled in the automation.

This feature is essentially a shortcut/theme that allows one-click control of multiple functions across several devices, that's why It does not have a specific state. User is able to control and modify settings separately for a single device without affecting the home/away mode settings. And when run the home/away mode again, it will override the settings that just made on a single camera.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Home- away mode using Geofence.
Wednesday - last edited Wednesday

@Wayne-TP 

Hello, 

Thx for answering!!

I think I understand the setting on each device.

But the only function I can get when using Smartautomation with Geofence is Privicy on/off.

When I leave my house I'm interested in :

Alarm : on

Notification : on

Labeling : on

And when arriving vice versa.

Using the Geofence.

The same way u have the shortcut "Away/Home"

Maybe I don't understand....

But couldn't it be useful when using Smartauto with Geofence not only to be able to set the Privacy on of but also the rest of the settings (as above) on each device?

Why only restric the Geofence to Privicy?

Options
Re:Home- away mode using Geofence.
Yesterday

@Clownen72 

Product features that can be controlled as actions in the automation are limited. Not every product feature can be used as an automation action.

You may check for new product or features updates by follow the information on the TP-Link official website or device's new firmware releases.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 97

Replies: 3

Related Articles