Forbide access to the camera from outside home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-11 16:07:34
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3

Hi all,

I use onvif access with a Synology. So I use Surveillance Station to see my cameras.

So I do not need to access to the camera directly from outside of my home.

I don t see anything on my home router allowing this connection, but when I use TAPO APP from outside my home, I can access to the camera view and settings.

I would like to deactivate this access from outside with or without the TAPO App (https/rtsp/...). I don't find any parameter to disable it. How can I do that ?

I have already done it on another camera (not tapo) and the parameter was P2P., which I could turn off.

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Adrien

Options
1 Reply
Re:Forbide access to the camera from outside home
2022-12-12 09:51:48

Hi  @Adriend 

Thank you for posting on TP-Link community. Tapo APP doesn't have the option to disable P2P. If you want to manage the Tapo camera on the local network only, it is suggested to disable Tapo camera's internet access on the router. 

Remote viewing and management via RTSP or Tapo APP cannot be achieved if the Tapo camera cannot connect to the internet. 

Tapo APP supports local management, you can still use Tapo APP to check and manage the camera when you're on the local network. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 913

Replies: 1

Related Articles