My new tapo c420 cameras won't continually record

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-04 17:09:33
Tags: #Feature Request #MicroSD card #Continuous Recording
Model: Tapo C420S2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.7

I have purchased 2 C420 cameras with a hub and am in the process of setting them up. I formatted and input a 512GB micro SD which it doesn't recognise at all so decided to switch it out for my 128GB memory card from an older tapo camera which I knew was formatted.

The problem, I'm now encountering is in the recordings. It will only allow me to put the 'Recording Schedule' as 'Detection recording' and not 'Continuous recording' which is kind of the whole point of why I got this camera.

I'm a bit upset that it won't accept the 512GB memory card firstly as with two cameras I thought it would be better to have a larger capacity but even if it's only able to accept a 128GB card, why is it suddenly only allowing the option for detection recording? I could set it to continuous with the older camera and I don't even have the second C420 setup just yet, this is all running one camera.

Any advice please?

Options
2 Reply
Re:My new tapo c420 cameras won't continually record
2023-07-05 09:37:37 - last edited 2023-07-07 11:00:12

@Mojojojo 

Hi, 
About the problem you report, please ensure the firmware of the camera and the H200 are up to date, and then please help confirm the following information for further analysis.
1. What is the model number and format of the 512GB SD card?
2. You can refer to the link below to troubleshoot if the SD card does not work properly, and please send me a picture of the test result with the H2testW tool.
What should I do if the SD card doesn’t work properly on my camera?

--Correction on July 7
Since the battery power will be consumed quickly if enabling the Continuous Recording feature on the battery-powered cameras, these Tapo battery-powered cameras(such as Tapo C420, C400, etc.) do not support the Continuous Recording feature. However, other Tapo cameras support the Continuous Recording feature.

If you need the Continuous Recording feature, please check if other outdoor cameras can meet your requirements, such as Tapo C320WS, Tapo C500, etc.

Best Regards

Options
Re:My new tapo c420 cameras won't continually record
2023-07-06 18:30:03

@Solla-topee hello 👋 

Thanks for the advice, since posting my last query I actually purchased a SanDisk Extreme 512GB Micro SD card A2 U3 Class 10 and that has been recognised on the camera hub however its only recording after detecting motion, not continously recording.

The firmware is up to date on the camera and hub.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1694

Replies: 2

Tags

Feature Request MicroSD card
Continuous Recording
Related Articles