C310 sensitivity still not resolved?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-09 14:09:57
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.11

Hello,

I have two C310 and I really want to like these cameras but I am getting too many detection issues.

I want to detect humans entering the garden with a camera from above (below the roof, 6m from the ground, only good viewpoint on the garden).

It don't know if there are settings I missed. Thinking about returning them.

Motion sensitivity still seem too high on the C310 when at the lowest setting (1).
I already reduced the zone to avoid moving trees but I am detecting my own cats at 7m.

It shows the high resolution of the camera (actually very nice) but I already know I have cats.
The sensitivity of 1 is showing as digital_sensitivity=10 in the web interface accessed through pytapo (python) but lower values (e.g. 5) seem to disable it completely (?).

Not sure if there are that many steps anyways.

Human detection is already enabled but does not work well from above even with the setting at 10.

It sometimes detects moving trees though and it does not seem possible to set a zone there. 

I tried line detection (too sensitive as well) and intrusion (not clear what is the difference with motion detection).

Any practical solution / suggestion (e.g.  to further lower the sensitivity)?

From a computing standpoint, that does not seem impossible (e.g. working on a lower resolution image) but I may be wrong.

If software improvements are out of the question because a more recent model is out, I could understand but it would be nice to know.

Thanks

Philippe

PS: I am aware of https://www.tapo.com/uk/faq/146/.

Please do not suggest to cut the trees or to get rid of the cats either.

Options
5 Reply
Re:C310 sensitivity still not resolved?
2023-12-12 12:31:40

@Philippe123 

Hi,
You can refer to the link below to check if the tips in the link below will help your case.
How to reduce motion detections from rain, snow, insects, etc.?

Please help confirm the following information for the specific issue you report.
1. Please confirm the detection and sensitivity settings you have configured on the Tapo app for your camera.
2. Send us a picture of the activity zone setting for your camera.
3. Can you share the video recordings that show the camera detection features are too sensitive or send false notifications?

Best Regards

Options
2023-12-12 13:08:11

@Solla-topee 

Hello,

as stated in my question: please do not send me to this FAQ (I have seen it already) and:

AI detection = not "sensitive" enough even at max (not detecting a human from above)

Motion = too sensitive for me, i.e. detecting a cat from above at 7 m with sensitivity setting at 1 (already in the original email).

A cat is a cat. Domestic cat. In the grass. Walking.

It is smaller than a human in size. If the detection setting could be lowered to be intermediate between a cat and a human, it would work for me.

Pixellated picture below.  I am pretty sure the picture will not help but anyhow.

If you work for TP-Link:

could you please try to answer the question and not ask for questions whose answers are in the original request?

Thank you.

Options
2023-12-13 07:25:31

@Philippe123 

Hi,
Although there are motion detection and person detection settings mentioned in the original post, I'm not sure if you have any other types of detection enabled, and not sure about your activity zone setting. Therefore, I would like to confirm the latest detection settings you have configured for your camera. Additionally, based on the info in the original post, it seems like the person detection issue is that the camera is incorrectly identifying trees as people, rather than not detecting people at all.

I would appreciate it if you could confirm the latest detection settings on your camera and provide the videos that show the camera motion detection feature is too sensitive or person detection is not working. This would help in further analyzing the reasons that cause the issue in your specific usage scenario. It is difficult to optimize the detection features in your usage scenario without having specific settings and videos.

If you feel uncomfortable sharing this information here, I can follow up on the issue via email.

Best Regards

Options
2023-12-16 13:56:21

@Solla-topee 

Ok. To summarize:

Settings:

* line: tested (initially) but too many false positives (default settings). Disabled.

* person detection: enabled. Max sensitivity (10). 

* motion detection: enabled. Min sensitivity (1).

* privacy zone: over some of vegetation.

* motion detection zones: avoid trees (showing minimal zones of interest)

Behavior:

* motion detection detects cats walking on grass (picture already sent) = too sensitive despite setting at 1. Desired: lower sensitivity?

* human detection: does not consistently detect human from above. Detects sometimes from the side. Desired: higher sensitivity?

* False positives: more pronounced when windy (including human detection).

Snapshot:

Here is one. Not comfortable putting to many publicly.

Please note that TP-Link not having a direct web interface to the camera and not providing a PC application is not exactly helpful.

Options
2023-12-19 06:29:01

@Philippe123 

Hi,
Thank you for your information here. I have reported the issue to the tech team, and they will contact you via email to continue to help you. Please check your email box and confirm.

Thank you very much for your feedback about adding a web interface to the camera or providing a PC application, you can vote or leave your comment in the below thread, and we will keep logging the feature request and pass it along to the relevant team to evaluate. You can also refer to the workaround in this thread to watch the camera on a PC.
Viewing Tapo C200 through Windows 10 PC

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 655

Replies: 5

Related Articles