C200 Stops working until I reset it.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-08 19:31:00
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.9 Build 231019 Rel. 37378n(4555)

My Tapo C200 stops working until I reset it. At first the camera was working full time non stop, recording only on SD card when it sensed motion. I had no problems at all, and I never had to restart the camera. A few months ago it started freezing, I could not open the live view in the app, and the reccording also stopped, but It worked for many hours straight, almost all day long. Still, I set up the auto reset every day so it would bug for shorter periods. However, at the moment the camera is freezing about 3 hours after I reset it, and just returns to normal after I restart it through the app, whereas the other cameras I have from Tapo have been working great. There is no error message in the app, the connection is ok, firmware is up to date, SD card's health is good, so I don't know what to do.

Options
1 Reply
Re:C200 Stops working until I reset it.
2024-01-09 10:48:45

@Walter_M 

Hi,
You can refer to the link below to troubleshoot if your camera has an unstable issue.
What should I do if my Tapo smart camera keeps losing connection or going Offline?

Please help confirm the following information if the problem remains.
1. What's the LED status on the Tapo C200 when the problem happens?
2. Is the camera connected to the wireless router directly? How about the signal strength value on the camera?
3. What troubleshooting you have done, and the test results.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 460

Replies: 1

Related Articles