Newly purchased TP70 not recording

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-17 14:20:50 - last edited 2024-02-29 09:44:21
Model: TC70  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I bought the TC70 a few days ago, followed all the instructions in the little tiny booklet. Set up the microSD card with 32GB data. 

When I go to the live camera and hit the record button, there are no issues. I get a green marker indicating the record and a timer. The record shows up under the record and playback section. What really infuriates me is that the recording fails the moment I close the app and move on to other apps on my phone or when my phone is inactive. 

Nothing is recorded. When I get back on the app, the red recording marker is gone. The record button has been turned off. It is as though the camera has just gone off. Yet, there is no indication at all that the camera has switched. Even when the app is not being in used, the camera is still plugged in and it has a bright green light on the lens. So even though this indicates the camera is recording - IT IS NOT. 

I have tried all kinds of troubleshooting methods, read through all the tried and tested options AND IT STILL DOES NOT WORK. 

Randomly, the recordings will show up under the playback section and these are all interrupted recordings - with a maximum time length of two minutes. Even with motion being clearly detected with me waving my hands every now and then to test the activity - the camera does not pick everything up. 

And yes I have done scheduled recordings as well - scheduling it for every day, a few days, a few hours and zero days or hours. Still I am left with random recordings. Its as though the camera has gone all pyscho on me. HELP.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Newly purchased TP70 not recording-Solution
2024-02-20 08:37:29 - last edited 2024-02-29 09:44:21

@nothappywithyou 

Hi,
If you press the record button on the camera's Live View page to record the video manually, it's required to stay on the camera's Live View page to record the video, and the video is stored on your phone rather than the microSD card.

To store the video recordings to the microSD card, please go to the camera's Device Settings>Storage & Recording page, please ensure the microSD Card Recording feature is enabled, and you can set the Recording Schedule to continuous record, detection record, or do not record, and then the camera will record the videos to the microSD card automatically according to your configurations. And the configurations will take effect even if you close the Tapo app.
The below instructions may help you.
Where can I find detection recordings of Tapo&Kasa cameras on the Tapo app?

If you have configured the recording features on the Tapo app but no video recordings stored on the microSD card, please send me the screenshot of the Storage & Recording, microSD Card, and Recording Schedule pages.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Newly purchased TP70 not recording-Solution
2024-02-20 08:37:29 - last edited 2024-02-29 09:44:21

@nothappywithyou 

Hi,
If you press the record button on the camera's Live View page to record the video manually, it's required to stay on the camera's Live View page to record the video, and the video is stored on your phone rather than the microSD card.

To store the video recordings to the microSD card, please go to the camera's Device Settings>Storage & Recording page, please ensure the microSD Card Recording feature is enabled, and you can set the Recording Schedule to continuous record, detection record, or do not record, and then the camera will record the videos to the microSD card automatically according to your configurations. And the configurations will take effect even if you close the Tapo app.
The below instructions may help you.
Where can I find detection recordings of Tapo&Kasa cameras on the Tapo app?

If you have configured the recording features on the Tapo app but no video recordings stored on the microSD card, please send me the screenshot of the Storage & Recording, microSD Card, and Recording Schedule pages.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 408

Replies: 1

Related Articles