C420 stopped recording associated with motion detection

2024-04-19 01:12:09
Model: Tapo C420S2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.17 build20240305 rel.75572

C200 stopped recording associated with motion detection

Hi, I noticed 3 day ago that my cam is not recording the motion detection events as usual. I have changed nothing in terms of settings or software and the SD card. I checked camera, remove battery, but nothing changed. notifications is open but ı cant get notifications. camera hang on the wall about 2.5 meters high

best regards

Options
3 Reply
Re:C420 stopped recording associated with motion detection
2024-04-19 08:10:29

@Tesiz 

Hi,

It seems the camera's detection feature is not working, please refer to the instructions below to troubleshoot.

Detection Is Not Working On TP-Link Camera

If the problem remains, please help confirm the following information for further analysis.

1. The test results of the above instructions.

2. The camera's Wake-up Sensitivity page, Detection page, activity zone, and sensitivity settings.

3. Enable the Alarm feature on the camera and check if the camera alarms when an event occurs in front of the camera.

4. Does the problem happen all the time or only after you press the Home/Away mode?

Best Regards

Options
Yesterday - last edited Yesterday

@Solla-topee 

I am experiencing the exact same problem as @Tesiz with the exact same camera model running the exact same firmware version. I have two of the same camera model but am currently only experiencing the problem with one of them. The problem started after I put back in the battery pack after having removed it for recharging a few days ago.

I can view the camera in the tapo app live but recordings do not get triggered. I had not changed any settings prior to starting to experiencing the problem just like in Tesiz's case.

Recordings stil get triggered for my second camera that's connected to the same hub.

1. I've gone through and tried the things suggested in the provided link https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/3418/

2. Wake up sensitivty is highest at 10 (I have also tried lowering it to 8), Detection Zone set for all, all types of detection are enabled, 

3. I enabled the Alarm feature and the camera did not alarm when I walked in front of it

4. The problem happens all the time now, i've tried having the camera in both home and away mode (it is mostly in home mode).

Options
13 hours ago

@xnram32 

Hi,
You may try to factory reset the problematic Tapo C420, reconfigure it, set up the detection feature, alarm feature, and notification feature, and then check if the camera will alarm or send notifications when detecting events.
How to use the Detection function of the Tapo cameras
Best Regards

Options