Tapo C225 can´t talk and call
Tapo C225 can´t talk and call
2024-05-07 12:51:59 - last edited 2024-06-07 08:56:16
Model: Tapo C225  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.7

Hello, 

I'm contacting you to solve a problem with the Tapo C225 region CzechRepublic

We purchased the camera today, and while testing it I found a problem with the sound/call from the recorder (I found out I'm not the only one)

Path that works on wi/fi or off wifi to phone.
The microphone from the camera sends sound to the phone, this is fine

When I click on the talk or call button in the android app version 3.3.513, the call connects, I can hear the sound that the camera sends (i.e. when someone is talking to the IP camera), but it doesn't hear me when I talk to the phone. Thus, I can't talk to animals or a crying baby. 99% of the time it doesn't work, 1% of the time randomly, when I restart the camera so maybe one attempt out of 20 is heard. As soon as I turn off data/wi-fi and maybe an hour later turn on data/wi-fi on the phone the sound is no longer transmitted. I originally thought the problem was that I had the transmission set to 2k, but even after changing to 720p the problem is the same. 

Firmware version 1.0.7

Router Asus RT-AX82U

Phone Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra, Android 14. All permissions for the application I have enabled.

13:24 I unplugged the camera and plugged it in
13:25 formatted the sd card
13:26 turned on diagnostics (logging) (phone is connected all the time outside the home network, so I am on data from the operator.
13:26 connected to the camera 
13:27 I clicked on the talk button -> now it works and the spoken sound from the camera speaker comes out
13:28 I click on call and call, now it works ... 13:28:30 I end the call. I turn off the app, then turn off the data on the phone (phone is disconnected from the internet) 

13:30 I turn on WIFI, open the app, connected to the camera right away.
13:31 I click on the Talk button - It works
13:32 I click call -> Now I can still hear everything I say to the phone, it echoes in the camera. So now it works ok. 

13:34 I turn off wifi and go to data open app, connected to camera, see online stream, click talk button but now I can't hear sound from camera speaker
13:35 I try to dial a call (mobile data), it shows me that it is connected, but the sound from the camera speaker does not work and from now on the sound never comes back. At the same time my phone shows me that the Tapo app is using the microphone, just like a few minutes back when it still worked. 

13:37 I turn on Private mode
13:38 turning off private mode
13:38:30 I try a call it shows it is connected but no sound is coming out of the speaker. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo C225 can´t talk and call-Solution
2024-05-08 08:49:05 - last edited 2024-06-07 08:56:16

@Magnator 

Hi,
Please help confirm the following information about the reported case.

1. Can you reproduce the same problem every time after you unplug the camera and plug it in?

2. When you reproduce the problem, are your phone and the camera in the same room? If so, please bring your phone to a different room and check if the camera will work fine.

3. Can you share a video showing the reported problem with the Talk/Call feature?

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo C225 can´t talk and call-Solution
2024-05-08 08:49:05 - last edited 2024-06-07 08:56:16

@Magnator 

Hi,
Please help confirm the following information about the reported case.

1. Can you reproduce the same problem every time after you unplug the camera and plug it in?

2. When you reproduce the problem, are your phone and the camera in the same room? If so, please bring your phone to a different room and check if the camera will work fine.

3. Can you share a video showing the reported problem with the Talk/Call feature?

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 418

Replies: 1

Related Articles