Network Adapter Code 10/ drivers failing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-15 20:46:04
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

So i have a little bit of a frustrating problem with my windows 10 PC. I built a PC a few months ago (ill put some Specs at the end of this message) and i just had an update go through and after the update, i couldn't connect to the internet wirelessly. My Network adapter was prompting an error code 10 "This Device Cannot Start." I connected my PC to the internet with an Ethernet cable and attempted to download drivers manually from my network adapters manufacturers website. and No luck. Said Drivers failed during installation. So after about 7 hours of trying to pinpoint what was going on, i suspected my computer was just attacked with a ransom-ware by Mcafee. So i attempted to uninstall that with the MCPR.exe. That didn't work. I tried just uninstalling it through the windows "add/remove programs" and i tried running the Mcafee uninstall.exe. Still wouldn't uninstall. So at this point i just restored my computer and reinstalled windows completely fresh, and Im STILL getting the error code 10 with my Network adapter.

I've tried uninstalling my device and updating drivers and disabling the device several times. I even moved the Device to a different port on my motherboard. I even purchased a different Network adapter card and i still am having issues even with a fresh install of windows 10.. Thanks for any help in advance!

the Specs to my PC:
OS = Windows 10 pro 64 bit
MOBO = ASUS TUF TUF Sabertooth 990FX
Network Adapter used when updated PC= ASUS PCE-AC56 802.11ac
Network Adapter i just bought to try and troubleshoot my problem = TP Link Archer T9E AC1900
Options
2 Reply
Re:Network Adapter Code 10/ drivers failing
2017-12-19 15:48:03
The system is Win10 1709,right?
you can try to join Windows Insider Program and upgrade to 17025
Options
Re:Network Adapter Code 10/ drivers failing
2017-12-19 20:49:23

Kevin SG wrote

The system is Win10 1709,right?
you can try to join Windows Insider Program and upgrade to 17025

I actually finally resolved the issue yesterday.. Turned out it was something with the Network cards i was trying.. Still have no clue why, but i borrowed a third card from a friend and it worked fine. Even though i purchased a new Network card to try and trouble toot the problem originally haha
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2223

Replies: 2