Deco M5 Nodes disconnect (blinking red light) multiple times a day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-27 19:54:45
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Firmware Version 1.1.6Build 20171103Red=l 47257I've had the Deco M5 system for probably over six months and having been having this issue with at least one node for the last three months or so. I have three nodes spread across my house, the main node in my office on the left side of my house, one in my living room in the middle of my house, and the last one in the bedroom on the right side of my house. The nodes in the living room and bedroom will drop their connection to the main node multiple times a day. I'll get notifications that my home automation hub and cameras go offline and then I will see the red light blinking on the node. It used to be maybe once every couple days, but it's getting to the point where it's now multiple times a day. A couple months ago I reset the node that I noticed going offline the most, and I was a nightmare to get that node added back to the system so I really don't want to reset the node again. Will a factory reset of the entire system help? I'm looking for some help, and really regretting going with this solution over others I was looking at..
Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Nodes disconnect (blinking red light) multiple times a day
2018-05-28 19:43:33
In your case, you can try to reset the whole system to have a look. Besides, tplink will release a new FW recently and you can update the FW at that time.
Options
Re:Deco M5 Nodes disconnect (blinking red light) multiple times a day
2018-05-29 09:03:53

Kevin SG wrote

In your case, you can try to reset the whole system to have a look. Besides, tplink will release a new FW recently and you can update the FW at that time.
I will try resetting it when I have the time to do so. After some more thought, it is only the node that is in the living room that is losing connection. A couple months ago when I got frustrated I reset the living room node and move that to the bedroom. Just seems odd that only the living room node is the one that has problems. I had a small 4 port TP link hub plugged into the node that I disconnected yesterday and that seemed to help, as in the last two days I've only noticed it drop connection once. But still, seems like something that shouldn't be happening with a system like this.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3959

Replies: 2