Deco M9 Plus LAN Port stopped working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 Plus LAN Port stopped working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus LAN Port stopped working
2022-01-08 16:18:38

@EricT. Hi, have issues on one of the deco units where the link light never goes up on the attached computer/device. The same cable works on another deco unit. Anyone that  ideas on how to "factory reset" one deco device completely so I can try to reinstall it?

Options
2022-01-11 02:11:05

@swemaverick 

Hi, thank you very much for your patience.

Ever since the original post, there are several firmware upgrades on Deco M9 Plus.

So I am not sure whether the original issue has changed or not.

For your case, if you do not mind, please help me check for more details:

1. How long have you had the Deco unit?

2. For the link light, since there is only one LED on Deco, I guess you mean the top light on the Deco, or actually you referred to the lights on the wired clients?

If it is the light on the clients since there are two Ethernet ports on the Deco, would neither of them work?

3. As for the factory reset, you could refer to this link to run a firmware recovery on this unit:

How to use firmware recovery if the Deco become brick

Options
2022-01-11 09:03:15

@TP-Link 

1. Its been a while without needing to use the lan port on this unit that has the problem. The other two units have working lan connections, but now I need to use the third one as well with the feature.

2. I referr to the link in the computer I connect. When connecting to unit 1 or 2 I get a link, but when using deco unit 3 i don't get a link on either of the two ports.

3. I have now tried to "remove" unit 3 from my deco network and reconfigured it, but the same behavior, non of the LAN ports is working.

I have firmware version 1.5.1 and looking on the webpage there seams to be 2.20? When running "upgrade deco" in the deco app no new firmware is found.

Regards,

Peter

Options
2022-01-12 00:54:49

@swemaverick 

Hi, thank you for getting back to me.

Did the wireless network on the third unit still work well?

As for the firmware, V1/ V2/v2.2 all have 1.5.1 firmware and for V1, 1.5.1 is the latest version.

https://static.tp-link.com/2021/202102/20210220/Deco_M9_Plus_V1_1.5.1_210126.zip

You could try to flash the same firmware 1.5.1 when running firmware recovery.

And if still not helpful, I am afraid that you might need to contact the retailer to ask for a warranty.

Options
Related Articles