Been reading a lot of the threads on mesh systems and decided to go with Deco. However, Just recieved my system today & I have some questions.
My current incoming drop is to a Arris TM822G voip modem to a SagecomFast 3965CV router in the basement. Both supplied from Internet provider.
1) Should i use my existing hardware and set up the first Deco unit as an AP? Or should I ditch the Sagecom Router and set up the Deco as a router? Pros and cons of Deco Router vs AP set ups?
I understand I will lose some features, such as Parental controls & AV, QOS. Those are currently not needed.
Either way, I plan on adding a Netgear Prosafe unmanaged GS108 switch.
2) Do I add the switch before or after the Deco unit?
3) if I insatll from the existing hardware, will my mesh network take on my original SSID?
4) Either way of the set up (Router mode or AP mode) can / should I set up all Deco units in the same room & then place them in the designated areas throughout my house?
5) Can i use a wired unit (on the 2nd floor) to a Netgear Prosafe unmanaged GS 105 swith and from the switch then wire it to a PC without any interference ?
6) i want to set up Ring camears (waiting for them) on a guest network to avoid any possible hacking to my home network. I also read its better for the cameras not to have access to the 5 GHz band. Will I be able to set up a guest network if I use my existing hardware in AP modes?
I already read threads on not using fast roaming option with Ring cameras as a temporary fix for bricking & cameras not functioning properly.
Any other words of wisdom will be greatly apprciated.
Thanks in advance