Installed New Deco M9 Plus - kept previous SSID and PW - not all devices connected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Installed New Deco M9 Plus - kept previous SSID and PW - not all devices connected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-08 11:49:03
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.8 Build 20190403 Rel. 43515

I replaced my Apple Time Capsule with the Deco M9.  I only installed one base and set up it successfully.

I kept the same SSID and PW from my previous Apple Time Capsule.  The Time Capsule is unplugged and powered off.

Setup -->  Verizon Modem (Wireless Router is turned off) --> Deco M9 via Ethernet Cable

Some devices connected with no issues.  Others did not.   For example:

1. iPad Pro - connected no issues
  2. iPhones - does sometimes, but then disconnects; when I select the SSID, it asks for a PW which returns an "incorrect password" message
  3. Apple TV - does not automatically connect
  4. MacBook - connected
  5. Chromebook - connected

Options
5 Reply
Re:Installed New Deco M9 Plus - kept previous SSID and PW - not all devices connected
2019-08-08 17:49:14

@thomasglee 

Remove the wireless profile or forget the network and connect to it again on your devices.

If you still have the issue get a hold of our home support: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

If the client device has the correct password but the Deco is saying otherwise something may be going on with the software in the Deco.

Options
Re:Installed New Deco M9 Plus - kept previous SSID and PW - not all devices connected
2019-09-29 16:13:27

@thomasglee 

Someone else solved my problem, not being able to connect to Netflix.  I am guessing Apple TV is the same and it's not capable of connecting to a 5G network.  Go to more on the bottom of the App on your phone and then go to Guest Network, let it create one and turn off 5G.  Good luck.

Options
2020-05-05 03:28:36

@Tony This is similar to a new thread I just posted.  Except for my new Deco M9 Plus install, I created a brand new network SSID and a new password.  Then I connected all 19 devices to the new network.  Only 1 of my devices (so far!) has connection issues - a Macbook Air laptop. Very odd; the password is correct and it's inconsistent. Sometimes it joins the network, but most of the time it cannot.

Options
2020-06-14 21:39:40

I just bought M9 Plus and facing the same issue. Can anyone help? I tried resetting SSID multiple times, updated password to avoid any special characters, Removed and added new SSID but nothing is helping. On reading many threads it seems Firmware issue? Any update on how I can resolve this?

I tried with online agent but he had no idea of how to resolve it or look for firmware issue. He just asked me to make my other Deco unit as Main and stated it will solve the problem. Guess what it did not as it seems some issue with Firmware!!!

Please help.

Options
2020-11-11 13:22:47

@Abhi_2020 Did you try to reboot Deco M9 Plus from the app?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2660

Replies: 5