Setup Deco AC1300 M5 in AP mode with existing router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-01 19:28:24

Hi there,

I've watched a lot of videos on setting up the Deco AC1300 M5 using the android app when setting up to replace your router, but I can't find any directions on setting it up in addition to my router.  I understand AP mode should be used, but I only know how to enable that mode from my app which can only connect to the Deco when the Deco is setup as it's own network inplace of my current router.

I was able to remove my router and setup the Deco following the app on my phone.  Once it was set up connected directly to the modem I was able to update the deco firmware.  Then I tryied switching it to AP mode but after it restarted I couldn't connect again (I assume the app uses bluetooth only to find the deco, then relies on the network it makes).

Is there a step-by-step method for plugging in the deco to my current router and setting it up as ap mode?

Thanks!

-Stephen

Options
1 Reply
Re:Setup Deco AC1300 M5 in AP mode with existing router
2020-01-06 23:05:30

@Stephen_newuser 

You are correct in that the Deco needs to be setup as a router first, then the mode can change. 

In your case if you want the Deco in AP mode do this:

modem ----- router ----- deco

-Connect your router back into the modem like you had it before you got the Deco.

-Ccnnect one of the Deco units to one of the LAN ports of your router.

-The Deco LED light should go from red to green meaning it got an IP address from the router.

If you have factory reset the Deco units since just wire the device like above, and set up the deco again. Once the Deco is up and running as a router, switch it to AP Mode.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 2402

Replies: 1