Deco M4 used with LAN cable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-27 01:14:38 - last edited 2020-03-27 01:15:53
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have the Deco M4 set up in the folloing configuration.  Main router hooked into the modem and a switch in the basement.  2nd "pod" is upstairs in the middle of the house set up using wifi.  Third "pod" is at the very end of the house set up using wifi as well.  The house is hardwired for internet and I can hook up the second pod using a LAN cable but cant do that for the third pod.  When I hook the LAN cable to the 2nd pod, it kills the entire system and shows everything offline.  I am not sure what I am doing wrong so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4 used with LAN cable
2020-03-27 14:55:29

@sideoutjj 

Unplug the third Deco, take the second Deco to the basement where the switch is. Connect the second Deco to the switch that the main Deco is also wired to. What happens to the LED lights after a coupld of minutes? Does the Deco app show everything is up and running?

If it does not work, what are you seeing happening?

If the system is still down like originally mentioned disconnect the main Deco and second Deco, and wire them directly to each other. Does that seem to work after leaving it for a couple of minutes.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1170

Replies: 1

Related Articles