Deco X60 | Do the satellites communicate with each other?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-16 07:16:03
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Do the satellites communicate with each other or only with the router?

Options
8 Reply
Re:Deco X60 | Do the satellites communicate with each other?
2020-04-16 18:03:55

@ViSvId 

For any of our Deco products when a configuration is added to a node all nodes will create a link to each other.  This way if there is a break or issue in one link devices connected to that node will have another path to send their data down.  So yes all units communicate with each other. 

Options
2020-05-19 16:06:45 - last edited 2020-05-19 16:08:08

How is this idea?

Options
2020-11-03 03:30:40

@Carl I've 4 m4 decos and all of them always show that they are connected to the main router. 
also, I've tried to reach dead spots by placing a deco satellite between the main station and another satellite but it doesn't seems to be working, the bridged satellite still tries to connect with the main station instead of the closer satellite and the link speed is really poor

Does x60 work different than m4?

Options
2020-11-03 19:26:26

@Patricio.ba 

My understanding is the technology is the same just that the hardware different.  While all devices are creating a star topology and connecting to each other we are getting reports like in this thread where they just use the direct connection.  My understanding is that this because the system believes that the direct connect is still the best route version a relays singal from one of the other satalites.  I'll go ahead and send this thread up to our Engieers for a higher review. 

Options
2020-11-12 17:22:14

I have an update from the system team.  

They confrimed what I have assumed.  While the Deco system does create a star topology it chooses the best or strongest source for connecting remote nodes.  However we have received much similar feedback and the R&D team is working on optimizing the networking mechanism. We have let the PM and RD engineers know the numerous feedback about this issue, and the optimization plan will be released as soon as possible.

Options
2020-11-15 19:57:22

+1 I am also seeing that every X60 connects to the main, regardless of distance.  And this is resulting in very poor coverage in some areas.  Hopefully there is some optimization coming to help this.

Options
Re:Deco m4 | How do the satellites communicate with each other?
2022-02-16 20:37:31

@opendave 

I have just purchase 3 deco m4 devices. Setup on the same subnet but different switches.

Initially when I setup the decos on the network they worked fine but now they can't see each other.

They all have ip addresses and I can access the Web page on each device.

I'm using the deco m4s in AP mode so they should communicate over a wired network and just offer WiFi in the black spots of the house.

Options
Re:Deco m4 | How do the satellites communicate with each other?
2022-02-17 02:51:23

@Col36 

Hi, can I have more details when you said:” they cannot see each other”?

Do you mean the devices connected to different Deco units are unable to access each other?

Can I have a picture of your network layout it would be highly appreciated if you could mark out the model number of the network switches?

By the way, all 3*M4 are set up under the same Mesh network on the Deco, right?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2643

Replies: 8