Power off resets entire router to factory settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-22 22:31:06
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

This has been happening since early on (bought this router a few years ago now).  Anytime power is turned off on the router, either from a power surge or manually shutting off, when it's turned back on, it completely loses all the settings (wifi network names, passwords, etc).  Haven't seen anything related to this, and none of my other routers in the past had this issue (had Linksys, Apple, a few others over the years).  Even the Cox cable panoramic thing remembers my settings.  I've finally gotten to putting things I can't easily reconnect to the Cox router (my Onkyo receiver, it's not connected to the TV - i only use it for Pandora and speakers connected outside around my pool for example).  

Anybody else seen this before?  I'm about ready to just give up on the Archer and use the Cox router built into the modem.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Power off resets entire router to factory settings
2020-04-23 18:20:22

@Sean-P 

What is the firmware build version your router is using? If you log into the router it will show at the bottom of the page.

Options
Re:Power off resets entire router to factory settings
2020-04-23 20:50:31
I did just upgrade it to 1.2.5 yesterday. I guess only time will tell if that fixes the issue. Almost afraid to try since I added my devices back in for now.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 759

Replies: 2