AX3000 Resets to factory default settings frequently

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-30 04:45:16 - last edited 2023-09-30 04:47:27
Tags: #Defect
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 Build 20230831 rel.67466(5553)

I purchased this router around a year ago. The router worked for several months but began spontaneously resetting to factory default settings. This obnoxious resetting occurs almost daily and requires that I reconfigure the settings every time it occurs. I tried to contact TP-Link for warranty exchange but was denied because it was purchased from Walmart using an online order and the the TP-Link service rep wouldn't accept my online order receipt. This is very frustrating because the router is not conveniently useful with this defect. Please advise how i can resolve this issue.

Options
2 Reply
Re:AX3000 Resets to factory default settings frequently
2023-10-05 17:35:31

@sparkrov,

I would assume that an RMA wasn't issued because online orders from Walmart are not necessarily from official resellers, but I wouldn't know without looking into the case. Always ensure that you are always buying through one of our verified retail sites or resellers.

It sounds as though the Reset button is stuck down, you may simply try making sure that the button for the reset is not stuck down, such as from a speck of dust. There really is no real reason have seen for resets to occur on an automatic basis unless something is happening with they physical reset button.

Options
Re:AX3000 Resets to factory default settings frequently
2023-10-11 23:59:58

@Riley_S Thank you for the reply. I just checked the reset button by depressing/releasing and could clearly hear/feel the button actuate. It does not appear or sound stuck by any means. The router continues to randomly reset to default settings (sometimes daily, sometimes after a couple days, but any changed settings rarely last any longer than that.)

As to your comment about online orders. Please understand that the order was not "online" in the sense that the item was delivered to my home, it was an in-store, pick-up order that is akin to going inside and physically purchasing the item, but they simply bring it to my car. Much like we all were forced to do during the COVID pandemic. So I do not believe this is considered an online order in the way you are inferring. If Wal-Mart is not a 'verified retail' supplier, then I suggest TP-Link stop sending their products to Wal-Mart stores with the "2 Year Warranty" stickers affixed and negligently give customers a false impression of warranty protection.

Please allow me to be clear- I don't know the best way to express how frustrating this process has been. I paid full retail price for this item with the idea that I would be protected in the case of a defect. I have thoroughly enjoyed other TP Link products for many years. The OpenVPN Server feature is absolutely amazing. The only conclusion I can make from this experience is that TP Link does not care about customer satisfaction or legitimate claims of warranty. Do you think I am lying about these ongoing issues? Why wouldn't a manufacturer at minimum want such a product back in order to investigate the alleged defect? It seems this back-and-forth is wasting both your (past TP-Link conversations) and my time in effort to avoid honoring a warranty. Am I missing something here?

Please advise.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 498

Replies: 2

Tags

Defect
Related Articles