Tp-Link ac 1750 Not Working WIth new Modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-24 23:16:31
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi guys! I'm currently using TP-Link ac1750 as my router and tried to connect it with my new modem NETGEAR CM500 but it doesn't work at all, I have tried to factory reset my router many times and still can't get it working.

My router worked well with my old Arris modem from  Optimum but keep having no network access from the NETGEAR CM500. However, the new modem works well with my free router from optimum but it's not stable at the maximum workload which is why I prefer using a TP-link router.

I've tried reboot, factory reset and stuff but still having troubles to get my TP-LINK router online please help!

THANK YOU!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tp-Link ac 1750 Not Working WIth new Modem
2020-07-25 11:40:08
The first thing I would try is a new Ethernet cable. Note, we had another poster report that the cable that came with the router was bad so do not assume it is good because it is new. Be sure you are using the power adapter that came with the router. Since you have had issues with both old and new equipment, I would also check the ISP cables (RG6) going to the modem to ensure all of the connectors are top quality and are clean and secure. If the ISP supplies both internet and TV, make sure you do not have any unused lines like a TV that you got rid of.
Options
Re:Tp-Link ac 1750 Not Working WIth new Modem
2020-07-27 17:38:16

@mspuffy 

Use this FAQ to also help determining what the issue may be:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1556/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1001

Replies: 2

Related Articles