Pair of AC1750 v4, WDS Bridge Mode Keeps Disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-28 01:59:11
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.8 Build 20190411 rel.65590

Hello,

I have two Archer C7 (AC1750 v4). Both have firmware version 1.0.8 Build 20190411 rel.65590.

• Router 1 is plugged to my DSL modem and it works great. It's operating on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz and I have no problems with it, at all.
  • Router 2 is across the house operating in WDS Bridging mode on 5GHz (it's 2.4GHz radio is disabled).

My problem is, the WDS bridge disconnects at random intervals, like Router 2 loses sync with Router 1. Occasionally it re-connects itself after a few minutes, but normally I have to reboot Router 2 in order to get it online again. Sometimes the link stays up for several days without dropping. Other times, I reboot the router after a dropped connection, and an hour or two later, it drops again. Some days this happens 4 or 5 times a day.

I've experimented with different wireless channels, but this happens no matter what channel I use. I often check using Wifi Analyzer Android app and there aren't any interfering/overlapping networks here. I don't think distance is an issue, the routers are only appx. 50 meters apart and signal strength is excellent until a disconnect happens. I'm stumped why the routers keep losing sync and dropping the WDS bridge.

Does anyone have pointers?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Pair of AC1750 v4, WDS Bridge Mode Keeps Disconnecting
2020-07-28 17:26:18

@Chungus 

I would probably opt to use the 2.4GHz signal to see how that performs. The 5GHz band is more suspectable to signal degradation due to the environment. The 2.4GHz does a better job broadcasting the signal further compared to the 5GHz.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1585

Replies: 1

Related Articles