Software installation problems Archer T2U

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-21 02:06:18
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I installed the software for a new Archer T2U on a Windows 7 computer.  I couldn't get it to recognize any WiFi SSID's.  I went to this site and download the latest drivers.  When I went to install the new driver, it said I had to first remove the old one.  OK, I told it to go ahead.

It got as far as 90% uninstalling and hung - for over an hour.  I finally closed the window and tried to install again.  It was able to install - up to 90%.  Going back to the original CD I got the same problem.

No error messages on the install - it just hangs at 90% complete. 

Any ideas?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Software installation problems Archer T2U
2020-08-21 18:11:20

@jdavid 

Try doing the same procedures after rebooting in safe mode with networking. This can show if there may be some software getting in the way.

Do you have another computer just to test to see if the adapter is able to be installed?

To verify, you visited our official website to download the appropriate driver? Make sure to see what hardware version your device is and choose the correct driver:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-t2u/#Driver

Options
2020-08-21 21:39:16

@jdavid I booted into safe mode with network and attempted to uninstall the software from the tp-link menu item.  No change - it still hangs at 90% complete.

The software I downloaded was Archer T2U_Plus_UN_V1_190422_Win.zip, which should be for the T2U. 

I do have another machine but I'm leary to try it on that one because I don't want to take a chance of causing problems on a second machine.

Any other ideas?

Can you tell me what it's trying to do at the 90% uninstall mark?

TIA.

Options
2020-08-21 23:08:50

@jdavid 

Not quite sure, I believe it may be best to reach out to our support. If need be they can escalate your case to look into further for you.

Options
2020-08-24 00:26:39

@Tony Sorry for the delay.  I'll contact support.  Thanks.

Options
2021-12-15 10:05:23

@jdavid Thank you very much. Archer T2U Software Installation Issues were well-explained by you. It is a significant event for us. Because I rely on this service for all of my project and document replies, argumentative essays are much more important. Please go to https://trusted-essayreviews.com/grabmyessay/  based on my own experience. I am convinced that after using this, individuals would feel relieved.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1631

Replies: 5