Privacy Policy

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Privacy Policy

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Privacy Policy
Privacy Policy
2020-09-22 00:57:52
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just received my new pair of Deco X60s and took the time to read the privacy policy before activating.

"The type of the device or service from which information is received will change the types and quantities of information that is received.

We also automatically collect browsing and usage information, which may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, MAC address, access times, location, mobile device information, operating system, browser type, certain demographic information, application information, and other information associated with how you interact with the pages and Services."

Can someone explain in clear english what the above has to do with providing wireless service in my house? The verbage here is pretty loose.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Privacy Policy
2020-09-22 18:22:46

@CortAndrus 

Only TP-Link has access to the data is collected. With the Deco product, after it's bound to a cloud account, we will collect the limited device-level data and minimized personal info to deliver the basic functionality such as you can control and manage your Deco, anywhere, and anytime.

On our end, we won't send marketing communications without any notification or your consent, and we won't sell user data to third parties. We may only transfer personal data to third parties if this is required for the fulfillment of our services. In this particular case, third-party services form part of our services (e.g., HomeCare function provided by Trend Micro on some routers). If you do not want the information transfer to third parties, you can choose do not to use the features, such as do not use the HomeCare function.

Options
Re:Privacy Policy
2020-09-24 18:00:31

@Tony thanks for the timely and thoughtful reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 385

Replies: 2

Related Articles