How to change WiFi settings?? Deco W3600

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-23 22:18:43
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5

I just bought the 2pack deco W3600 WiFi mesh today and after issues getting it installed I finally got it up and running. I am looking to change my Wi-Fi settings (my WiFi network name says weak security underneath it) and I don't seem to know how to. I have google and when I enter the ip address for the router, the page it takes me to doesn't have anything available to change settings. Anyone else have this issue?  I don't want to be vulnerable to attacks and want to keep things safe so any help would be appreciated. I have called tech support and they said it might be on a firmware update soon. This doesn't seem to make sense why that wouldn't be an obvious feature. 

anyone have this model router, and if so do they like them?  I live in a 1500 sq ft all brick home with lathe and plaster walls and have had nothing but problems in the past staying connected and signal strength. Hoping this new one works. 

thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:How to change WiFi settings?? Deco W3600
2020-10-26 16:11:51 - last edited 2020-10-26 16:12:35

@J.petty79 

The message came with the new iOS update.

If you are running the latest firmware, go to your wireless settings, then tap on the password.  You will then see an option for WPA2-PSK [AES] only, choose that, and you will not see that message when connecting to the Wi-Fi on your Apple products.

Options
Re:How to change WiFi settings?? Deco W3600
2021-06-17 13:52:55

@Tony I did not see an answer to the question as to how to change the security settings. I am also having the same issue. Our cspire router also has wek security under the network name.  How can we change this to avoid being at risk?

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 959

Replies: 2