Is my deco w3600 slowing dying out?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-13 00:15:20
Model: Deco W3600  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Lasted update

I bought a deco set about appx 6 months ago. I loved the set up. I never really had any issues till recently. And its become very overwhelming because I do not know what to do. And everything I try to do, it gets worse. 

It keeps disconnecting. At first I thought it could of been a splitter with my coax. I changed it, and it got better. Then about a week later, it went back to constant disconnecting. We've contacted my ISP, and they said it was on our end. Even though I'm not very confident in suddenlink. 

All of my coax and ethernet cords are basically brand new. Most are even gold plated. 

My biggest issue right now is packet loss and low low upload speeds. I changed my main deco, and it hasn't disconnected yet. But a lot of packet loss and low upload speed. Before I changed it, the internet was pretty good. Just disconnected all the time. 

Sometime it seemed the longer it was left disconnected, the longer it would stay connected after. One day, my main deco was really hot too. But haven't really felt it like that since. 

I really just don't know what to do. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Is my deco w3600 slowing dying out?
2021-09-13 00:16:26

@Ajtringa 

I also want to mention. All of this may not have happened till the recent update... and yes I've checked and I'm up to date...

Options
2021-09-13 00:18:12

@Ajtringa 

I have also used the optimization option. It does sometimes say it needs to be done and I do it. But it doesn't seem it does anything...

Options
2021-09-13 06:38:31

@Ajtringa 

Hi,

After changing a different unit as the main Deco, there Is no more disconnect but a lot of packet loss and slow upload, right?

Can I have screenshots of the packet loss?

How much unload speed do you have now and how much upload bandwidth you are supposed to get?

Did these issues exist even though only the main Deco is left?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 652

Replies: 3