Windows - No Internet Connection When Connected to Work OpenVPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-17 01:59:30 - last edited 2020-11-18 18:51:54
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently purchased a Deco X20 to help out with COVID internet woes for work.

When I connect to my work VPN via OpenVPN software, my VPN and internet connection will be happy and cooperating for somewhere between 5 and 20 minutes. After this time, the internet connection in Windows will then indicate that it is no longer connected to the internet. However, I am actually connected to the internet. I can access websites through my browser, get into directories on my company network, etc. However, programs that rely on the status of Windows internet to perform functions (MS Word, MS Excel, Spotify, etc) no longer work or allow me to save files as it thinks I'm disconnected from the internet.

I've done a bit of research on this via Google but nothing that seems to indicate a fix for my exact problem. I'm tech savvy enough to have no problems being walked/talked through almost any issue, just not savvy enough to figure out the issue myself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Windows - No Internet Connection When Connected to Work OpenVPN -Solution
2020-11-17 22:37:25 - last edited 2020-11-18 18:51:54

@Tony Talked with tech support today. It required some changes to the DNS settings. All set with this issue!

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Windows - No Internet Connection When Connected to Work OpenVPN
2020-11-17 22:09:47

@laxdef34 

If you bypass the Deco network and connect directly to the modem, does the issue not happen?

Options
Re:Windows - No Internet Connection When Connected to Work OpenVPN -Solution
2020-11-17 22:37:25 - last edited 2020-11-18 18:51:54

@Tony Talked with tech support today. It required some changes to the DNS settings. All set with this issue!

Recommended Solution
Options