Archer C2300 - how to release clients from quarantine?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-24 17:43:55 - last edited 2021-02-24 18:20:04
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20200918 rel.67850

Hi!

Love this great router but run into some troubles lately with the newer FW revisions that change the way Security-Antivirus works: now there are only a few slider buttons on-off for "Malicious Content Filter", "Intrusion Prevention System", and "Infected Device Quarantine". There are no settings as far as I can see, as it was in the older FW revisions for this very same hardware device.

Problem: every now and then (seldom but often enough, like once every other month) the AV-system decides that my main workstation is subjected to a dDoS-attack (ICMP Flood attack in the system log), and puts my device in quarantine. No settings for sensitivity, and I tried disabling the quarantine function but it does not matter. 

It does not show up in the Advanced-Security-Antivirus-History log at all, only in the Advanced-System tools-System log as above.

In previous FW revisions you could set sensitivity, also could log into the router from another device and remove the "infected" device from the quarantine, everything back to normal. There is no infection at all, verifyed again and again - just excessive amounts of traffic occasionally.

Only solution that seems to work for me now is to reboot the router... I cannot imagine this is the way it is supposed to work so please advice me how to proceed.

There must of course be a way to pull devices out of quarantine to begin with, and second: to set sensitivity of these functions like in previous revisions.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 231

Replies: 0