High ping with an increase in bandwidth powerline adaptor

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-31 15:50:33
Model: Archer VR600v  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.7.0 0.9.1 v0075.0 Build 200616 Rel.36749n

I have recently purchased AV1300 powerline adaptors to replace of AV600 powerline adaptors. While I am totally aware of the fact that an increase in bandwidth would not decrease the ping, what I didn't expect is that the ping would be come extremely unstable. With the AV600 powerline adapters, my internet ping rests nicely at ~13ms, with the very occasional high spike. Exchanging these adaptors to AV1300s led to pings ranging from 13ms (rarely) to 600ms, mostly hovering around 100-200ms. Has anybody else experienced this? Can anybody advise me on how to mitigate this problem? I am currently switched back to the AV600s, but I'd rather not have wasted my money.

My router is an Archer VR600v, which is also a bit flaky, as a new device connecting can often cause the DSL link to drop. Given that the AV600s display consistently low pings, I doubt this is the problem.

Options
1 Reply
Re:High ping with an increase in bandwidth powerline adaptor
2021-04-04 14:05:32

@Bezzinina Sounds like something is definitely not right with your ping speed. I ping google at 18ms average, 20 max, 15 min. This is from my PC to an 8 port switch, then to a powerline AV2000 to another AV2000 in the basement, to the router, to the cable modem, to outside. On the same network are a pair of AV600 devices. So all that isn't affecting my ping time.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1174

Replies: 1