High ping after 7pm

High ping after 7pm
High ping after 7pm
2024-01-25 12:00:03
Model: TL-PA7017 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi All,

I have been using the TP Link for almost 3 years and without any issue, however, for more than 2 weeks my ping goes from 30ms slowly to 150ms, within 5-10 mins the ping stays over 150ms constant with few packet loss and it always happens after 6-7pm.

I have tried many things, even the Network Technician came but the line is stable and no issues on it, I have connected directly the cable from the router to the PC and it has normal ping 30ms so it's definately something with the Powerline Adapters.

Any suggestions? what can I do?

Thanks for your help
Alejandro Gomez

Options
1 Reply
Re:High ping after 7pm
2024-01-25 19:20:28

Hey @AlexGomez,

Hmm,  its definitely odd that you see the same behavior at the same time each day. 

First off, powerline adapters are extremely susceptible to interference. Is it possible that this is could be the result of increased interference from appliances or other electrical devices being used at this time?

This is also the time at which internet usage is at is max. Depending on how your neighborhood is configured, peak activity times could cause this behavior. You may try running internal ping tests to another device on your network to see if the behavior can happen at a local level during this period.

It does not look like there have been any recent firmware updates for the device, so it is likely a result of something that has changed within your network, such as degradation of lines, increased interference, or even a change in how your router communicates with your adapters.

To troubleshoot powerline connections, we always first recommend bringing the second powerline adapter into the same room and circuit as the first adapter and seeing if the behavior still exists. This can help to rule out the lines/interference if you still see the high ping at that time.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 102

Replies: 1

Related Articles