Upgraded Deco M5 FW now solid red led

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-20 14:57:32

OK ...

So here is my issue, Sunday nite Deco app says new firmware to install, so I started the install. The units downloaded and installed the FW then rebooted. Now all the Decos have solid red lights. I rebooted the Main Deco still no green. So I factory reset the Deco and went through the setup. The unit had flashing blue light then on the app it found my router and configured my neteork type (dynamic IP) then it ased me to setup the WIFI network which I did. When the phone connected to the unit got the red light again. Went into the Deco and under the IPv4 no IP address. I then connected a PC to mu modem and was able to get an IP addy. Tried another Deco same results.

To make sure it was not internet provider, I had an old TP-link 1470. I connected it up and the network is now fully functional.

SO anybody got a clue as to why this FW  upgrade did this? I guess I am going to try and reload the firmware manually but has anyone else had this issue????

Options
1 Reply
Re:Upgraded Deco M5 FW now solid red led
2021-04-20 22:34:21

@truckeic 

It sounds like your modem is no longer recognizing the Deco so it's not giving an internet connection to it (red LED). Leave the Deco powered on and connected to the modem. Then power down the modem for several minutes, and then boot it back up. That should get it to recognize it again.

If that still does not work, leave the Deco connected to the modem, contact the ISP, and mention it is not giving the Deco an IP address. The ISP may be able to reset the modem or connection or any existing binding to another MAC preventing it from getting internet to the Deco.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 445

Replies: 1