Satellite DECO S4 is flashing red

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-21 21:34:34
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel.77820

I got the 2 pack and after setting up network, connecting the satellite DECO, and upgrading firmware; I hit "Done for Now" or something to that affect and almost immediately the LED on the satellite went to a flashing red for several seconds (it varies) and solid white, and back to flashing red, back to solid white...etc. Got on chat and tried it all..

1. Reseting the satellite DECO and reconnecting it to the main DECO, and they were a foot apart...still red flash

2. Deleting network, reseting both DECO's, starting all over...still red flash

3. Making satelllite DECO the Main, and the Main the satellite...still red flash

The interesting thing, my son's PC is connected directly to the satellite DECO (Cat7 ethernet) and he hasn't complained about any issues...should i just not worry about the flashing red LED??

Options
6 Reply
Re:Satellite DECO S4 is flashing red
2022-02-01 19:57:40

Did you ever get a fix for this issue? I have one extender that only flashes red.  I have reset it multiple times, but still same.

Options
2022-02-07 07:45:38

@Lboy2961 

Hi, after you reset Deco S4, would it become flashing blue and ready for setting up again?

If yes, it is suggested to log into the web UI and install the following beta firmware:

[Solution] Wireless clients and Satellite Deco fail to connect to Main Deco under Spectrum / Starhub

How to Update the Firmware of Deco

Options
2022-04-17 19:13:09

@WVTroxels did you ever figure out how to fix this? My main one (hardwired to the internet) has a white light, but every other one is flashing red. They all are connected to the internet and devices seem to be working through them. Have tried the same things you did.

Options
2022-04-20 01:48:55 - last edited 2022-04-20 01:51:56

@Aardvark28 

Welcome to the community.

There is no reply from the previous users anymore.

I see you are on the latest firmware already and if you check on the Deco APP, will you see the satellite units are online or offline?

Would a power restart on the satellite units make any difference?

Thank you.

Best regards.

Options
2022-04-20 01:58:33

@David-TP they are all listed as being online but are still flashing red.  Restarting does not fix the issue. Thanks!

Options
2022-04-20 02:13:00

@Aardvark28 

Thanks for the quick reply.

I would like to follow up on your case by email.

May I know who is your internet service provider and how about the model number of your cable modem?

Just want to confirm again, that even though all the satellite units are flashing red, they are actually working fine, right?

By the way, are all the satellite units wirelessly connected to each other?

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1819

Replies: 6