Cannot get my win 10 laptop and iMac to connect to my RE300 mesh device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-30 19:02:26 - last edited 2021-07-30 19:43:16
Model: RE300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7 Build 20210129 Rel. 60416

repost from another hardware forum:

I set up the RE300 in the guest bedroom upstairs we have as a one mesh device. Our Archer A6 router is in the basement.

I had trouble getting certain devices to connect, but over time and few restarts I eventually got most of the devices upstairs to start connecting:

My iphone connected instantly - speed test went from 25-30mbps without AP to 100+ after. iMac went from 30-40 mpbs to 120+ after. Roku TV (in opposite bedroom) - 10 mpbs before to 50+ after. Testing the AP at several different locations in the house, the setup in this room gave the best performance to these devices (the imac connection is the most important)

So it's obviously working and helping boost connection speeds, the only issue is no matter what my Win 10 laptop will not connect to the AP. It has a Killer AX1650i Wireless card. The win10 laptop is setup directly next to the imac.

I've attempted to update network adapter drivers, restart the device, disassociate the wifi network and rejoin... nothing seems to work. The laptop is the closest device to the AP too, only about 6 ft away. It's still connect to the A6 in the basement, only getting about 30-40mpbs on average. Is there anyway to force it to connect to the mesh device?

EDIT: iMac is no longer connected now. Can't figure out how to get it back on. ughhhhh.

EDIT 2: Disabling OneMesh and setting up the Extender as a Seperate SSID allows the devices to connect without issue. The mac and win 10 devices are getting the expected 100+mbps speeds. It's just annoying that I have to set it up this way. I'd prefer to have onemesh enabled to make it easier... any way around this??

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot get my win 10 laptop and iMac to connect to my RE300 mesh device
2021-08-02 06:28:06 - last edited 2021-08-02 06:28:17

@mike2887 Hello, 

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

On Windows 10 laptop, try to  delete the wireless profile on your computer and reconnect to router's Wi-Fi  by manually putting in WiFi password and see if could connect to RE? 
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/918/

As a workaround, try to turn off ' Smart Connect' on router with oneMesh feature enabled, and see if both and iMac and Windows 10 could connect to WiFi. 

If the above does not help, with oneMesh enabled, could Windows 10 laptop connected to main router's Wi-Fi without problem?

Is there any the Error message if it failed to connect to router/ RE 's Wi-Fi? Thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 325

Replies: 1