[Win 11] T6E able to see wireless networks, but cannot connect to them.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-09 19:16:56
Model: Archer T6E  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 7.35.351.0

The T6E was installed in my partner's computer when the tower was assembled, and worked successfully for some time.

The computer was then provided a wired connection, and the T6E sat unused in the PC. During this time, my partner upgraded the computer to Windows 11.

Now, we have moved the computer to another location in the house, and a wired connection is not feasible, so I reenabled the T6E and that's when I discovered the current issue.

I have searched the forums through multiple threads of people experiencing similar issues, and have tried multiple drivers suggested by the support personnel, none of which resolved the issue where the device will not connect to the networks, even though it sees them.

I have verified with all other wireless devices in the house that the networks in question are accessible from the location of the computer, and all other devices connect and function normally. ONLY the desktop with the T6E installed in it has trouble connecting to my WiFi networks.

Options
9 Reply
Re:[Win 11] T6E able to see wireless networks, but cannot connect to them.
2022-02-11 07:09:11 - last edited 2022-02-11 07:19:05

Hello @SilverbackPrime 

Mayt I know did the adapter work fine before the Win11 update? For Windows 11, please try Win10 64bits official driver here: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-t6e/

1. If the adapter has been working fine before, remove the old Wi-Fi profile and reconnect to Wi-Fi network: 

How to connect to wireless networks and remove its profile on windows 10?

note: verify Wi-Fi password and confirm the password could be accepted on a different device like your mobile phone 

2. Please try to manually install Archer T6E driver:

https://static.tp-link.com/2019/201911/20191129/T6E Driver_BCM_4352_QAM256_win10_beta.zip

How to manually install the driver: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/920/

For a test, create a mobile hotspot Wi-Fi with simple Wi-Fi password like 12345678 or create an unsecured Guest WiFi network on wifi router and see if T6E could not that ?

You may also  test the adapter on  a different PC to help isolate the issue

If still the same, can you help confirm some case details here: 

1. Did the problem happen just after the windows10 /win11 update? 

How long has T6E working fine before on the computer? 

2. Please check the system info and driver info about your computer and share the photo 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2722/

3. Is there any error message when it failed to connect the network?

Did you have the same issue on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz Wi-Fi band?

4.  Model number of wireless router

A photo of Wi-Fi settings of Wi-Fi Router

Thank you

Options
2022-02-11 16:46:37

@Solla-topee 

Mayt I know did the adapter work fine before the Win11 update? For Windows 11, please try Win10 64bits official driver here: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-t6e/

The adapter worked correctly, and I was able to connect to WiFi networks when the computer was still running Windows 10. Only now that it has been upgraded to Windows 11, the adapter can no longer connect to any WiFi network, even though it can see them.

I have already attempted to use the latest Windows 10 64-bit drivers from the support site, and they were unable to allow me to connect to any WiFi network.

1. If the adapter has been working fine before, remove the old Wi-Fi profile and reconnect to Wi-Fi network: 

How to connect to wireless networks and remove its profile on windows 10?

note: verify Wi-Fi password and confirm the password could be accepted on a different device like your mobile phone 

I removed all WiFi profiles from the computer and attempted to connect, but received the same error.

I also confirmed that my SSID and WiFi password were correct by connecting to the same network using another wireless device. I encountered no issues, and the other device was able to access the internet as normal.

2. Please try to manually install Archer T6E driver:

https://static.tp-link.com/2019/201911/20191129/T6E Driver_BCM_4352_QAM256_win10_beta.zip

How to manually install the driver: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/920/

I followed those instructions, and installed the driver you linked. The problem was not resolved, and the adapter still cannot connect to any WiFi network, even though it can see the networks as expected.

For a test, create a mobile hotspot Wi-Fi with simple Wi-Fi password like 12345678 or create an unsecured Guest WiFi network on wifi router and see if T6E could not that?

I tested with a mobile hotspot with no security and the adapter was still unable to connect.

You may also test the adapter on a different PC to help isolate the issue

I do not have any other devices running Windows 11

If still the same, can you help confirm some case details here: 

1. Did the problem happen just after the windows10 /win11 update? 

How long has T6E working fine before on the computer? 

The adapter no longer functioned as expected after the upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11.

The adapter worked perfectly for over a year since purchase, while the computer had Windows 10 installed.

2. Please check the system info and driver info about your computer and share the photo 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2722/

77c88e4dc8154df0bbd646c33dd9826a

a384599b016a4f0ea4d4742ddaaab5e3

3. Is there any error message when it failed to connect the network?

Did you have the same issue on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz Wi-Fi band?

After inputting the correct WiFi password for a secured network, the adapter messages "Cannot connect to network"

The issue is identical on both 2.4 and 5 ghz bands. The issue is also identical on secured and unsecured WiFi networks.

4.  Model number of wireless router

A photo of Wi-Fi settings of Wi-Fi Router

Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000

Options
2022-02-17 17:00:16

Any update on this? It's been almost a week since I provided the information you requested, and haven't heard anything back...

Options
2022-02-22 07:37:31

Hello  @SilverbackPrime 

Thank you for more case details, I noticed you also replied on the TKID220210346 support email, our support will follow up the case there.

Options
2022-06-19 07:28:31

@SilverbackPrime Did you ever get this resolved?
I'm getting the same thing on windows 11

Options
2022-06-20 13:05:39

@hadus nope. the official response from support was "pay out of pocket to downgrade to a slower device."

Needless to say I went with a different manufacturer, and got better speeds than I had with the TPLink, but also zero issues with Win 11

Options
2022-06-20 16:51:28

@SilverbackPrime 

Thanks for the reply. That's sad though.

I'm sorry too say I met much of the same useless support about a year ago with a deco m9 setup. Can't say I feel comfortable buying tp-link stuff anymore.... 

well, thanks for the reply anyway. I'll update if I stumble upon a solution, guess it could help others. 

Options
2022-07-06 04:40:13

To anyone coming here later, from support:

Thanks for your support on our products however I am regretful to tell that as technical support we have very little idea about the detailed update release of drivers.

First for me, tech support should always be in the first to know loop. So much disapointing support....

Options
2022-07-28 05:39:28

Next update

T6E page now has a fairly obvious "Support Windows 11" logo.
Yet no new drivers are available. Latest is still windows 10.

Anyone stumbling across this... sorry to say, as of now, it sure doesn't work.

@TP-Link, feel free to update and let us know how this is supposed to work.06c0b94bd45842819f81cc028ec76f21

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1757

Replies: 9

Related Articles