Blacklisting and Removing Devices Not Working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-25 14:52:45
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 20210607 Rel. 56436

I recently started digging through my list of WiFi devices, which are mostly smart home devices, shown in the Deco app. I noticed one device I couldn't identify (it's probably a smart switch or bulb that I can't pin down) so I blacklisted it so I could see which device no longer functioned. A few hours later the device was connected and was no longer shown as blacklisted. So, I removed the device and it still connected.

To see if it was specific to that device, I went through and removed and all devices which weren't currently connected (family and friends' phones, tablets, etc.). When I removed them I expected this to mean that they could no longer connect to the network without authorization. Apparently that isn't the case because a neighbor was able to connect his iPad as soon as it was in range. I blacklisted that device after it was disconnected and confirmed that it showed it as blacklisted. A few hours later it is not longer blacklisted.

Has anyone else seen this happen? Can anyone shed some light on why this is happening?

Thanks,

John

Options
2 Reply
Re:Blacklisting and Removing Devices Not Working
2021-10-26 06:28:51

@Yromj 

Hi, Thank you for the feedback.

Did this issue only happen to offline devices?

Since when I tested on my side, once the offline devices are blacklisted show up on the blacklist, it is still on the list for the next 5-6 hours.

(If you are able to reproduce this issue, please note down the approximate time and send me the APP log:

Deco APP>Overview>three lines on the top left>help>contact US>suggestions and add the APP log.)

Or were you trying to say, even they are still on the blacklist, but actually they are not blocked?

Options
Re:Blacklisting and Removing Devices Not Working
2021-10-27 18:59:24

@TP-Link I think I answered part of the question. When I would go into the app I would go to the "Overview" page, then to a particular device I would then go to the gear icon, then to the three dots. Instead of seeing "Unblock" I would see "Blacklist" and "Delete" as options. However if I go to the "More" page and click on "Blacklist" I see the devices there. I have not seen either of the two devices which should be blacklisted appear as whitelisted in the past day or so. So, it looks like everything is performing as it should.

Thank you for the reply!

John

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1701

Replies: 2