New router dropping connections after day 2. AX-6600

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-07 08:31:20

This is actually my 4 router with the same problem.

I have spent days and tons of hours on support. After I install a new router everything is fine until the next morning. Connections drop on every device in the house, from PCs, iPads, iPhones to Rokus. Sometimes only one channel drops. It last until you power off the Spectrum modem and AX6600 & reconnect devices. One tech stated I had a duplicate IP address and it was a network issue and not the router. ???  The router IS the network, no?  I have a Spectrum modem(no wifi), router, and devices. I also noticed that I am having to authenticate myself almost every time, like with Amazon and not like when I use to just login. Here is the latest log from the AX6600.  Any help would be great!  Thanks!

File:
syslog-2021-11-07.logDownload
Options
1 Reply
Re:New router dropping connections after day 2. AX-6600
2021-11-08 02:48:17

@Smokey8374 

Just to be sure, is the LED on the AX6600 router solid red or blue when you lose internet access on the client devices?

Have you ever tested the internet connection on the Spectrum modem by connecting a computer directly to the modem with an Ethernet cable and testing for hours or a day? This would tell you if the Spectrum modem does provide you with a stable connection or not, as you have the same issue with 4 routers now. BTW, are all the 4 routers the same model Archer AX6600?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 379

Replies: 1