How to Connect TP-Link Router to a third-party VPN Provider (For ExpressVPN, NordVPN, etc.)

How to Connect TP-Link Router to a third-party VPN Provider (For ExpressVPN, NordVPN, etc.)

59 Reply
Re:How to Connect TP-Link Router to a third-party VPN Provider (For ExpressVPN, NordVPN, etc.)
2023-06-06 05:54:31

wase4711 wrote

@Kevin_Z only care about BE95, thanks

@wase4711 

Deco BE95 doesn't support VPN Client with the published firmware. I cannot say for sure whether or when it will support VPN Client or WireGuard VPN now, it's suggested to pay attention to the firmware release notes on the product page. If it supports VPN Client or WireGuard VPN, it will be noted in the 'Modifications and Bug fixes'.

Options
Re:How to Connect TP-Link Router to a third-party VPN Provider (For ExpressVPN, NordVPN, etc.)
2023-06-06 14:47:05

@Kevin_Z thanks..that is a highly desired feature that many people want now, especially in flag ship devices..hope they are working on that, and, using the Wiregard protocol, since that is the fastest one out there now

Options
2023-06-07 05:32:26

@wase4711 

Yes, I personally agree with you.laugh

While I haven't got advanced notice that whether BE95 will support WireGuard VPN. We will update the public resources once our Deco models also support WireGuard VPN in the future.

Options
2023-07-27 17:33:20

@Kevin_Z 

I am currently running version 1.32 on my AX11000.  Is there a newer firmware as this was (I believe) a beta build to address the VPN client.

Options
2023-08-01 03:33:27

Hi @f14bdriver 

1.3.2 should be the latest official version as you can confirm from the below firmware download link:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-ax11000/v1/#Firmware

Options
2023-12-24 03:13:36
Tailscale, please! It's very useful for connecting soho locations and vacation homes.
Options
2 weeks ago

@Kevin_Z I just purchased Archer AX21 / AX1800.  I have updated Firmware V: 1.1.0 Build 20230725 Rel 55602 95553).  It is shown as model that supports VPN Client, but it only offers Open VPN and PPTP.  No VPN Client option is available for third-party VPN Provider. Please advise.

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@wizard1 return it, and buy a REAL router from a better company

TP Link/Deco has gone into the toilet, just check recent threads

Options
a week ago

@Kevin_Z is there any chance for the Archer C4000 to get this update? 

Options