Deco X90 Suddenly Lost Wired Connectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-02 22:07:12 - last edited 2022-01-02 22:12:36
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20210722 Rel. 65801

Hi Everyone. I have had my Deco X90 network running fine for nearly a year. The main Deco is connected to our Frontier modem, and another Deco (upstairs) is wired directly to the main deco. This upstairs Deco also connects to a TP-Link switch using the remaining wired connection to support additional wired devices.

There's also a third Deco that connects wirelessly. All have supported a variety of wired and wireless devices without issue.

All of a sudden two days ago all the wired devices in the house lost their connections. There have been no changes to firmware, devices, cables, etc. All devices have been rebooted and I have done extensive troubleshooting. Each wired device reports an IP address within the Deco assigned range, but none of these devices show up any longer in the Deco app.

The wireless devices all continue to function as if nothing happened.

I have done just about everything. Checked all wired connections. Swapped out the switch connected to the upstairs satellite Deco. Factory reset the entire Deco network. Ensured all wired devices run fine when connected directly to the Frontier modem (and thus bypass the Deco). And yet none of the wired devices -- which continue to report their own IP addresses -- have any internet connectivity while plugged into the network.

Any ideas? I have never seen anything like this happen and not sure what else to do. Thanks in advance for any help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X90 Suddenly Lost Wired Connectivity
2022-01-05 07:23:31

@slotted 

Hi, thank you for the feedback.

May I know the model number of the network switch here?

And is there also the same brand switch connected to the 3rd Deco which connects wirelessly?

The IP addresses reported on the wired devices, are all automatically assigned by the Deco, not a static IP, right?

If you test on one of the wired clients, are you able to ping the LAN IP of Deco?

By the way, what is the model number of your Frontier modem?

Later I would like to follow up on your case by email and please check if you could get an email from me.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 719

Replies: 1

Related Articles