upstair TL-links not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-23 01:45:21
Model: TL-PA7010 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have 3 powerlink adaptors upstairs; they are each a different model.

They all stopped working about 2 weeks ago.

The powerlinks downstairs (where the router is) still work to provide ethernet.

I can't seem to factory reset and re-pair these 3 upstairs adaptors. The green 'powerline' light doesn't come on.

I held the pair button for 15 seconds. Then pressed 'pair' on the adaptor connected to the router - and then 'pair' on the factory reset adaptor - but nothing happened.

It's so strange that these 3 upstairs ones won't work but the downstairs ones do.

Can anyone help?

Options
1 Reply
Re:upstair TL-links not working
2022-01-24 09:10:09 - last edited 2022-01-24 09:13:52

Hello @jessicah 

1.  You could try to get the upstairs powerline units  downstairs, and pair them one by one with the one of the working powerline extenders (in case mess up  the main powerline unit connected to router)

Later plug them back to upstairs wall sockets 

Here are some tips to manually pair the powerline units

• Put 2 powerline unit in the wall sockets, in the same room, and pair them again :

Paring Note:  press Pair button only for 1 sec, Power Leds should be flashing on both powerline units in pairing process. ( if the Power Led does not blink, press it for 1 sec again)
FAQ258: How to secure (pair) the Powerline Network?

2. Please download tpPLC Utility and connect computer to the working powerline unit see how many powerline units are paried in the powerline network:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-pa7010-kit/

You could also use tpPLC utlity to add more powerline extenders:How to add a device to the network using tpPLC Utility (new logo)? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 577

Replies: 1