Google Home speakers won't stay connected ("Hold on while I connect to the internet")

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Google Home speakers won't stay connected ("Hold on while I connect to the internet")

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-02 18:13:13
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version: V16
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20210519 Rel. 36502

Recently replaced my AC1700 router with a new Deco W7200.  All devices connect fine, and most stay connected.  But I have 4 Google speakers (1 old Google Home and 3 new Google Nest minis) that won't stay connected.  They seemed to set up fine, but only stay connected for a day or so.  When I say the wake word, they respond with the dreaded "Hold on while I connect to the internet" message.  I have to unplug and replug it back in to force it to reconnect.

All my other devices are fine.  It's just the 4 google speakers.

Any ideas?

Options
14 Reply
Re:Google Home speakers won't stay connected ("Hold on while I connect to the internet")
2022-03-02 23:36:32

@TimCO 

Hi Tim,  

What I would do first is turn off mesh on these speakers.  This will ensure the speakers are not attempting to roam between nodes.  To do this tap on the device on the client list, find the toggle for Mesh Technology.    If this doesn't help let us know. 

aa3d0475425749f6a7e8fb1be38e1705

Options
Re:Google Home speakers won't stay connected ("Hold on while I connect to the internet")
2022-03-03 17:11:38

@Carl  Thank you.  I had actually tried that the day before (it's was the only setting in there that seemed like it would be a good one to try, especially since the Google speakers stay in fixed locations).  The next day they had still lost the wifi connection, but I had not unplugged them to force them to reconnect after I changed the setting then.  I did yesterday, and so far today they're staying connected.  So that might have worked.  I should know for sure in the next few days. 

Options
2022-03-06 23:25:39

Well that worked for 3 days, but now it's doing it again.  One of the Nest mini's lost wifi yesterday, and now all 4 speakers lost connection today.  Twice.  angry

Everything else is working fine.

Help!

Options
2022-03-14 18:27:02

It keeps happening.  If anything, it's getting worse.  At least once a day all 4 Google speakers disconnect. By at different (random) times.  No discernable pattern to the timing.

I turned on the notification feature in the Deco app to notify me every time any of the 4 devices drops connection.  The newer Nest Audio tends to send a single message when it drops.  Same with the older Google Home.  But the two Nest Minis look like they drop multiple times withing a few minutes.  I often get 8-12 message in a few minutes from them.

b040fb5619d64a599cc59140d0fd33b1

Options
2022-03-15 01:21:41

@TimCO 

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

I have consulted your case with the engineers and they would like to take over your case.

Please check your email box for further assistance.

Options
2022-03-15 12:43:46

@David-TP 

Thank you.  They have contacted me and I'll reply via email.

Options
2022-05-09 04:46:27

@TimCO @David-TP 

I'm dealing with the same issue except on the X68, how was this resolved?

Options
2022-05-09 09:45:18

@TSDC 

Welcome to the community.

This issue has not been fixed completely so far.

Would it be possible to help me get the model number of your Google Home speakers and the firmware versions:

(It will be highly appreciated that you could send me some pictures of these details.)

Google Nest or Home device firmware versions

Thank you.

Best regards.

Options
2022-05-13 16:38:30

@TP-Link The 2 Google Mini's and the Google Nest Audio are all the same...

7096074cb6534701a897875d2c9cb2b2

I also have 2 old Google Home speakers experiencing the same issue...

Options
2022-05-17 08:01:49

@TimCO 

Hi, nice to see you again.

I see your case has been forwarded to the senior engineers already #TKID220315329 and if the issue continued and the previous workaround did not work anymore, could you please also send an update to that ticket with the latest improvement?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested in this product, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 1123

Replies: 14

Related Articles