AC1200 Archer T5E drops speed using Zoom

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-14 19:17:36
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.8
Hello,

I have a AC1200 Wifi Archer T5E adapter that is connected to a desktop running win11 with SSD drive and Ryzon 3 1200 quad-core cpu, with 8 gig RAM.  My router is also TP-link AC1750 connected to a cable modem via fiber. 

My internet speed is rated at 200 mbs.  The desktop is only 20 feet away from the router and normally clocks at 200 mbs using an internet speed test.  Normally there are no issues with the connection speed.  However, when I use Zoom to do conference calls, the AC1200 drops speed significantly and the pictures on Zoom start freezing and audio drops intermittently.

I have tested Zoom with my Dell laptop as well as HP laptop and there are no problems with the speed.  Both laptops have internal wifi adapters.  It is only the PC adapter that drops performance and win 11 reports "low speed" internet connection. 

The adapter is only 2 months old and it is my second one. I had the same issue with your AC1300 Archer T3U and that is why I bought the second one.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:AC1200 Archer T5E drops speed using Zoom
2022-03-15 09:13:51

Hello  @vlotfi 

If T5E could get 200Mbps speed test, that should be fine for video call, but video call/ TV live stream has high requirement for network delay or lag. 

• Try a different Wi-Fi channel and lower channel width on the router. 

Scan nearby wireless channels using software like inSSIDer or WiFi Analyzer, and select a less-crowded Wi-Fi channel on the router.

Use lower channel width 2.4Ghz -> 20Mh, 5Ghz -> 40Mhz to reduce interference.

• Close unnecessary Apps on computer when use Zoom app

If put Dell/ HP laptop to the same location of computer using Archer T5E, same distance from router, and take video call through Zoom, is there any freeze issue? 

Can I know the model of router, does computer connect to router or extender, is it mesh network>  Can I have a photo of motherboard information of computer

How to check driver version of TP-Link adapters and system information of your computer?

Options
2022-03-15 12:48:18 - last edited 2022-03-15 12:50:11

@Solla-topee 

Solla-topee wrote

Hello  @vlotfi 

If T5E could get 200Mbps speed test, that should be fine for video call, but video call/ TV live stream has high requirement for network delay or lag. 

• Try a different Wi-Fi channel and lower channel width on the router. 

How do I change the channel?  The adapter is connected to the router via the 5 ghz band.  Using the 2.4 ghz band produced the same result.

Scan nearby wireless channels using software like inSSIDer or WiFi Analyzer, and select a less-crowded Wi-Fi channel on the router.

Use lower channel width 2.4Ghz -> 20Mh, 5Ghz -> 40Mhz to reduce interference.

• Close unnecessary Apps on computer when use Zoom app

There were no other apps running while using Zoom.

If put Dell/ HP laptop to the same location of computer using Archer T5E, same distance from router, and take video call through Zoom, is there any freeze issue? 

No issues with either Dell or HP laptop.  They were situated right next to the PC - same location, same 5 ghz band.

Can I know the model of router, does computer connect to router or extender, is it mesh network>  Can I have a photo of motherboard information of computer

How to check driver version of TP-Link adapters and system information of your computer?

The router is AC1750 - Archer A7.  There is a wi-fi extender in the house but it is in the kitchen, 30 feet away from the PC.  The PC is much closer to the router and is not using the extender.  I cannot take a photo of the motherboard.  But the specs are:

MB Gigabyte X570 AORUS Elite

Storage - WD 1TB 3D NAND M.2 SSD

RAM - Corsair 8 GB

CPU - AMD Ryzen 3 1200

I do not think the issue is the computer or the mother board.  The problem is the TP-Link wifi adapter.

Options
2022-03-16 15:08:37

Hi   @vlotfi 

WiFI channel and channel width are WiFi settings on router, you could login to tp-link router-> Advanced-> wireless to change that.

Changing Channel and Channel Width on a TP-Link Router (new logo)

5Ghz band channel please change to 36/40/44/48, channel width 40Mhz for 5G. 

At the same time, we would like to look into the issue futher through support email, please check your inbox for support emal ID :TKID220317121

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 546

Replies: 3