New Archer AX11000 intermittent internet connectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-22 14:18:58
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 20210719 rel.14861(5553)

I am seeing intermittent connectivity issues through my new Archer AX11000 router (installed less than 1 week now).  When the connectivity issue happens, web pages don't load.  If I ping 8.8.8.8 during these times, the pings fail.  When I ping my router IP, the pings are 100% successful so I know internal connectivity is good.  I am having the exact same symptoms on my wired and wireless PCs, they are 2 completely different devices.  I've tried to Google this issue and most responses I've found reference wireless settings.  I'm creating this because I've ruled out it being just wireless.

As an FYI, my internet modem is the same that I've used for over a year so I know that isn't the problem.  I've tried reboots of both the modem and the AX11000 with no change.  

Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:New Archer AX11000 intermittent internet connectivity
2022-03-23 01:23:02

@Jeffsto 

Can I confirm who is your ISP? When the internet is unavailable on the AX11000, how about the LED on the router, is it red/orange or white? Please go through the troubleshooting suggestions we provided here, then report to the support email if the issue continues.

Options
Re:New Archer AX11000 intermittent internet connectivity
2022-07-06 20:24:55

@Kevin_Z 

I am having a similar problem, I am running a local DNS server. There is no indication in the logs at the local DNS, certain devices just drop independently. I had 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 listed as my "Internet" dns locations with DHCP server looking at local pihole. I just switched to OpenDNS for secondary, 208.67.222.222, wondering if this corrects it. If you don't hear from me that fixed it. I thought it was the pi-hole but it seems the router is causing the issue based on the various posts on here.

Let me know if you resolved it on your own. LEDs on router stay on and I do not receive disconnect messages from other devices. 

Typical behavior is pages take extended time to load and sometimes wifi disconnects. The disconnect depends on how long it takes for the response. Let me know what other information you would like to be gathered to attempt to resolve this. 

Device AX11000 MU-MIO Tri-Band

I do not have the latest firmware because after an update last year I had multiple devices that would no longer connect to the wifi.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 483

Replies: 2