RE305 does not connect to OneMesh Deco AX1800

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-26 11:50:25
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have installed a Deco AX1800 as access point, which I need to do since I have a router installed by the service provider. The OneMesh system of the Deco AX1800 works perfectly. 

I then bought a range extender RE305 which is supposed to function with OneMesh. However, when I try to connect it to the OneMesh system, I get the message that the current main router does not support OneMesh. How do I solve this problem?

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE305 does not connect to OneMesh Deco AX1800
2022-05-27 05:45:31 - last edited 2022-05-27 05:51:38

Hello @MJO 

TP-Link OneMesh which uses a different Mesh technology from Deco Mesh.

When OneMesh Powerline device / Range extender work with Deco unit, it could work only as a common extender, but not build a mesh network with Deco.

To build a Mesh network with an existing Deco system, please consider more Deco units as extenders, they could build an integrated Mesh system: 

Here are some related FAQs that may help:

Q1. What is the relationship between OneMesh™ of TP-Link SOHO products and Deco Mesh?
How many Deco units can I add to my Deco mesh network?
What are the differences between different models of Deco?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 317

Replies: 1