Can I use multiple extenders to increase range?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-28 16:14:07
Model: RE700X  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I;m trying to increases the range

My currant setup.

TP-Link WiFi 6 AX3000 Smart WiFi Router

TP-Link AX3000 WiFi 6 Range Extender Internet Booster(RE700X)

This is for a small vacation resort, longest range is about 2000ft from the WiFi Router..

Can I use multiple extenders to increase range by daisy chaining multiple extenders?

Anyone have any suggestions?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can I use multiple extenders to increase range?
2022-06-06 09:52:41

Hello @Mrwizard 

Range Extender is usually for indoor usage and extend network inside the house.

Connecting one extender to another is not very ideal for the second range extender,it is recommended to connect both extenders to the router directly to use them. 

To extend further range, please check this thread that may help: 

Re:Can I connect 2 range extenders sequencially to extend the signal even further?-Solution

May I know do you wish to extend Wifi indoor or outdoor?  

If you wish to extend Wifi network into different rooms: you could consider a Router<Ethernet>-RE(AP mode) and have a RE(AP) in each room to ensure good and stable wifi signal. 

If you wish to extend Wi-Fi signal to an open area like  vacation resort, an Outdoor Access Point like Outdoor EAP may work for you, please start a thread in our Business sub-forum so moderator or users could provide suggestions there. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 652

Replies: 1