cannot connect to RE450 range extenders with tether app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-01 16:42:36
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have two RE450 TP Link range extenders connected to my network.  I installed the Tether app on my iphone.  I could see both extenders.  When I clicked on one, it asked me to login.  It did not like the pw I typed in.  I tried a different pw on the other one.  Suddenly they both disappeared from the tether app.  I have deleted the app and re-installed it and cannot find the extenders.  The message says there are no devices on the network.  I have logged into my router and can see both devices in the DHCP table.  What do I need to do to be able to access the devices with Tether.  Network is 2.4 GHz.

Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:cannot connect to RE450 range extenders with tether app
2022-07-05 01:58:59

Hello   @motero99 

• To let Tether app detects your device, confirm the mobile device installed Tether APP and the Range extender are in the same local network, 

turn off Mobile data and VPN on the phone, connect phone to Range Extender or router's Wifi network and open Tether app again

• The login password was created when you first time access  'tplinkrepeater.net' the web UI of range extender or first time login device in Tether APP. 

If the login password says incorrect, try to factory reset the range extender and set up a new login password for your range extender. 

Factory Reset Your Extender:

• RESET: With the extender powered on, use a pin to press the RESET button (pinhole) until all the LEDs flash once.

Here is a  Configuration Guide including reset step that may help : TP-Link Range Extender Setup (Range Extender Mode)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 614

Replies: 1