Reserving an IP address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Reserving an IP address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Reserving an IP address
Reserving an IP address
2022-07-09 19:35:39
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.4

I would like to reserve IP addresses for some of my "existing" devices that are currently auto assigned by the router. This is because, occasionally, when the router is rebooted a computer or printer IP will change and I have to reconfigure setting to make things talk again. When following the instructions in the manual (Chapter 12.4 "Specify DHCP Server Settings), I get the warning that the IP I selected was in use, try another. I try addresses inside and outside the "IP Address Pool" and always get the same warning. Is the procedure in the manual is for a new device that has not been connected to the router? If this is the case, what is the procedure for taking an existing device with existing IP router assigned address and changing it to a "Reserved IP Address"? Need step by step instructions. 

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Reserving an IP address
2022-07-11 08:34:45

@sHarley 

This is the guide to configure the Address Reservation on the router, please review the settings.

When reserving an IP address for a device, be sure that the IP address is within the DHCP address pool.

If it still warns the IP address is in use, please check to see if you have enabled IP & MAC Binding on the AX6000 for any device, try deleting the rule first to see if you can configure the Address Reservation successfully.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 275

Replies: 1

Related Articles